Last Updated: October 3, 2018
- Personal Information We Collect.“Personal information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. We collect this information for registered users of our Services and for visitors who use the Services to search for real estate properties.
Registered Users; Account Information.
Site. If you register for an account on the Site, we collect your your name, email address, username, password, street address and phone number. As a registered user, you can save properties and your searches. Through your account dashboard, you can access saved properties, saved searches, and update your profile information.
App. If you register for an account on the App, we collect your name, email address, and password. You have the option to add your address and phone number in your account profile. As a registered user, you can save properties, favorite them, save searches, set price trackers (when a property reaches that price, we will send you a notification), communicate with us or contact an agent (including setting your preferred agent).
What’s My Home Worth? As part of the Services, we may provide you with an estimate of what your home is worth. To provide this services, we collect your name, email address, phone number, street address, details about the property (e.g., number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, square footage, type of property, price range, estimated time when you plan to sell) and other comments you provide.
Visitors. Even if you do not use our Services as a registered user to search real estate listings or use other features of the Services, you may still provide us information. We may use links throughout the Services to provide you with the opportunity to contact us via email to ask questions, request information and materials (such as our “Buying Guide”, “Selling Guide”, “Get Going Guide” or “Relocation Guide”), or provide comments and suggestions. You may also be offered the opportunity to have one of our agents or other representatives contact you personally to provide additional information about our Services (e.g., on the “Need Help Selecting An Agent?” page of the Site or by setting up an account with a preferred agent via the App). To do so, we may request additional personal information from you, such as your name, email address and telephone number, to help us respond to your question or fulfill your request.
When you interact with us through various social media, for example, by liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter, we may collect information including your email address, location and other biographical information. The information we receive from your social network depends on your privacy settings. You should always review, and, if you prefer, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Services.
- Automatic Data Collection; Technologies Used to Automatically Collect Information. Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, we, as well as our service providers, may use assorted technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Services are accessed and used. We refer to this information as “trafficdata.” Traffic data may include browser type, device type used to access the Services (i.e., computer or mobile device), unique number assigned to identify such device, operating system, application version, click path taken through the Services, your use of features or applications on the Services, and other usage information. For users searching the Services for real estate listings, we collect information about searches and the information you download or access. This information helps us manage, improve and customize the Services. Traffic data is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information.
Technologies we use on the Services to collect traffic data, directly or through our service providers, may include cookies (data files placed on your computer or other devices used to access the Services), analytics software (e.g., Google Analytics) and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed).
We may utilize a short-lived form of cookie when you visit the Services. A cookie is used to identify one unique visitor from another visitor during a particular session. A session is the period of active Services-use while that unique visitor is linked to our server. We may use cookie technology during a session as a tool to carry forward your input information. This enables the visitor to input their information once and have the information appear later. No personal information is stored on the cookie. A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server. We, or our service providers, may place cookies or similar files on your computer or other devices used to access the Services for security purposes, to facilitate Services navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting the Services.
To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on the Services may not work as intended and you may not have access to all of the services and features we may offer.
- Location Information.We or our service providers may receive or infer information about your location from a variety of sources. For example, we may use your IP address to identify your general location or we may receive more precise location data from your mobile device (such as via GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points). If you have enabled location information sharing while using the App actively, then your location information may be shared with our service provider in order to help you locate real estate listings near you. We may use location data to analyze certain information, and to improve our App and relevance of the information we provide to you via the App. Please note that if you do not share your location information then we will not be able to send real estate listings near you and certain features of the App will have very limited functionality.
- How We Use Information We Collect. We collect and use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to respond to your questions or requests, to provide the Services and the services that you request, to communicate with you about our Services, and to do all things necessary to administer the Services, and manage, protect and improve them. As we mentioned above, we also use the traffic data we collect to improve our Services and to customize your experience.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, reorganization or liquidation of our business. We reserve the right to disclose any personal information as needed if that information is requested by law enforcement agencies or if we are required to do so by law, treaty, regulation, subpoena, court order, or by a government entity. We also may disclose your personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to conduct investigations of possible breaches of law, to cooperate in any legal investigation, or to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating any agreement with us.
- Do-Not-Track Requests; Third-Party Tracking. Unless your browser settings are configured to make your online activities and information about your online activities (such as traffic data as described above) invisible to usage analytics tools, we do not presently have the capability to omit you from usage analytics to the extent your browser only sends us a “do not track” message and does not otherwise screen you from tracking without any action on our part. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track”, please visit http://allaboutdnt.org. Third parties, other than our vendors (such as our website analytics provider), do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior to and after visiting the Services. Please note, however, that we cannot control third party tracking and there may be some third party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
- Data Retention. We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for purposes for which it was collected. The precise period will depend on the reason why it was collected. Those periods are also based on the requirements of applicable laws, applicable legal and regulatory requirements and periods relating to the commencement of legal actions. Typically, we will keep your information for the period of time that you are a registered user of our Services and for XX yearsafter you cancel your account.
- Your Choices.If you need to correct, update, delete or deactivate your personal information, please contact us at any time by sending an email to email@example.com by writing to Dickens-Mitchener & Associates, 7810 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy., Suite 103 Charlotte, NC 28277.
Opt-Out:If you receive any promotional e-mail communication from us, you will be given the option to “unsubscribe” from receiving further e-mail communications from us at any time. Your option not to receive promotional and marketing material will not preclude us from corresponding with you, by email or otherwise, regarding your existing or past business relationships with us, and will not preclude us from accessing and viewing your personal information in the course of maintaining and improving the Services.
Push Notifications:If you do not want to receive push notifications from us, you may opt out of receiving these when you first launch the App or at a later stage by using the settings on your mobile device.
Location:You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through your device’s settings. You can manage these preferences when the App is first launched or at a later stage by using the setting on your mobile device. If you block the use of location information, some functionality on the App will be inaccessible and will not function properly. For example, if you do not allow the App access to your location on your phone, then you will not be able to use the map feature to see what property listing are near you.
- The Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of any such individual, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship what types of personal information, if any, the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third parties and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. We do not currently share any personalinformation with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such parties. If you have any questions, comments or requested related to this Section, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. A number of states are currently considering enacting laws similar to the California law above. If you are a resident of a state that enacts such a law, please use the contact information above to contact us with any questions, requests or comments.
Mail: Dickens-Mitchener & Associates, 7810 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy., Suite 103 Charlotte, NC 28277;
Phone: (704) 342-1000