Welcome to Woodhall
Contact a Woodhall Neighborhood Expert Today
Situated on the rolling countryside between Waxhaw and Marvin in the south Charlotte suburbs, the private gated community of Woodhall is arguably one of the area’s most coveted neighborhoods. With sprawling luxury homes built near a private lake on lots ranging from one to five acres, low Union County tax rates, nearby golf courses and horse stables, some of the state’s best schools within walking distance, and easy access to some of the best shopping and dining in Charlotte, there are so many reasons why Woodhall is the neighborhood of choice among many homebuyers. Welcome to Woodhall.
Development within Woodhall began in 2001, but the history of the surrounding area dates back much further, as colonists first began settling in the Waxhaw area in the mid-1700s. Cotton was certainly king in this area, and when the railroad came through Waxhaw in the late 1800s, the area’s economy shifted from pure agricultural to industrial with the emergence of textile mills to process and ship local cotton. Today, amid the urban sprawl of nearby Charlotte, this area retains is rural charm with rolling countryside, horse farms and the best of suburban living—and downtown Waxhaw preserves its small-town heritage with its historic district, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Population: 11,295 (Waxhaw)
- Private gated community featuring luxury homes built on large lots along and near a private lake
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located 7.5 miles south of the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 25 miles south of downtown Charlotte
Horseback riding and golf are both popular pastimes for Woodhall residents, with some of the larger lots even offering space for horse boarding (and several additional stables located nearby), and the championship golf course at Firethorne Country Club just a few miles to the northwest. Nearby historic downtown Waxhaw features several popular dining establishments and antique shops, while a short drive north brings you to I-485, offering access to many major Charlotte attractions
- Rippington’s Restaurant – You’ll find this popular local spot in historic downtown Waxhaw, featuring a wide range of menu items at decent prices.
- 131 Main – Drive a few miles north into the Blakeney shopping area for this upscale hotspot, offering New American fare, reserve wines and craft beers.
- 18 Asian & Sushi Bar – Also in Blakeney, this establishment features great sushi and Asian inspired dishes in a chic, sophisticated atmosphere, but without the “sophisticated” prices.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a major air facility located approximately 25 miles from the Woodhall neighborhood via the I-485 Inner Loop.
- Major Roads and Interstates – The southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway) about 7.5 miles north of Woodhall, accessible via several routes.
- Local Shops –The shopping areas most convenient to Woodhall can be found along Providence Road (SH-16) heading into Waxhaw, with grocery stores, pharmacies and a selection of local retailers.
- Blakeney– You’ll find this popular shopping spot a few miles north along Rea Road, featuring larger retailers like Target and Marshall’s alongside favorites like Old Navy and New York & Co.
- Promenade on Providence – Drive north along Providence Road just past I-485 to find this busy shopping destination, with major retailers like Staples and Home Depot along with specialty stores like Jos. A. Bank and Pier 1.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- The Stuffed Olive – A popular Italian restaurant during the week, this Waxhaw establishment turns into a fun nightspot on the weekends with live music, dancing and karaoke.
- Carolina Country Acres – Located within walking distance of the entrance to Woodhall, this is just one of several stables in the area offering boarding, sales, horse shows, riding lessons and more.
- Firethorne Country Club – This exclusive club a few miles from Woodhall offers some of the best golfing in the area.
Real Estate Information
Woodhall consists of newer luxury homes built in 2001 or later, built on lots between one and five acres large, ranging in price from the high $700s to nearly $1.3 million
Homes for Sale in Woodhall
Subdivision: WoodhallView Details
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2018 CarolinaMLS