Welcome to Weddington Chase
Contact a Weddington Chase Neighborhood Expert Today
Volleyball. Tennis. Playgrounds. A swimming pool with a waterslide. Tree-lined streets. Walking trails. Are we describing a resort? No—this is Weddington Chase, one of the most coveted residential neighborhoods in the south Charlotte suburbs. Located just 2.5 miles south of the Weddington Town Center off Providence Road, this subdivision boasts approximately 3000 sprawling homes in a park-like environment, where residents enjoy low Union County tax rates, excellent schools and easy access to I-485 and the best attractions of Charlotte. Welcome to Weddington Chase.
Weddington’s roots date back to post-Revolutionary War times, with a group of families settling the land in the early 1800s (including the family after whom the town was named). For more than a century after, this area remained a quiet, loose-knit agricultural community until nearby Charlotte’s urban sprawl began pushing nearer and nearer. Desiring to preserve this area’s rural charm, Weddington ultimately made the choice to incorporate as its own town in 1983, ensuring that for generations afterward, this area would continue to be a haven of green space and serenity where residents could continue to embrace quiet country living while enjoying easy access to the best Charlotte has to offer.
- Population: 10,101 (Weddington)
- Neighborhood features a two-story clubhouse, walking trails, tennis courts, playgrounds, a swimming pool and large custom-built homes
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located five miles from the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 20 miles south of downtown Charlotte, NC
Weddington Chase affords its residents plenty to enjoy right in the neighborhood, with a community pool, sports courts, walking trails and a gorgeous two-story clubhouse with scheduled community events year-round. For other outdoor enjoyment, several golf courses and riding stables can be found within a few miles of the subdivision, while a short drive down Providence road brings you to the antique stores and eateries of historic downtown Waxhaw. In the other direction along Providence Road, I-485 affords easy access to many other destinations in Charlotte.
- Java’s Brewing Bakery and Cafe – As its name suggests, this popular local stop around the corner from Weddington Chase is a bakery, coffee shop and cafe rolled into one, offering excellent breakfast fare and sandwiches for lunch.
- Ilios Noche Restaurant – Located a few miles north along Providence Road, this eatery dishes up excellent Greek and Italian inspired dishes with an upscale-modern vibe.
- 131 Main – You’ll find this urban-casual restaurant in the popular Blakeney shopping district, offering craft beer, fine wines and delicious New American fare.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airportis approximately 27 miles from Weddington Chase via the I-485 Inner Loop, with daily flights to many domestic and international destinations.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Weddington Chase is accessible via State Hwy 16 (Providence Road), which intersects a few miles north with the southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway).
- Local Shops – The Newtown Market Shopping Center lies just around the corner from the Weddington Chase Entrance, at the corner of Providence and New Town Roads. Here you’ll find a number of local shops, a bank, a car wash, nail salon, CVS Pharmacy and more.
- Promenade on Providence – Just north of I-485 along Providence Road lies this busy shopping destination with major retailers like Pier One and Home Depot along with boutique clothing stores like LOFT and Jos. A. Bank.
- Blakeney– You’ll find this popular shopping area a few miles away along Rea Road, featuring numerous stores like Marshall’s, Old Navy, Talbots and Victoria’s Secret.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- The Hunter Farm – This is a historic family farm dating back to the 1800s, located in nearby Weddington, offering year-round fun for the family with special events that include Christmas festivities, strawberry picking in the spring, and hayrides in the fall.
- Carolina Country Acres – Located a few miles west of Weddington Chase, this is just one of several area horse stables, offering riding lessons, shows, horse boarding and more.
- The Stuffed Olive – Located in nearby Waxhaw, this restaurant offers great Italian fare during the week, but on weekends it turns into a popular local night spot with live music, dancing and karaoke.
Real Estate Information
Weddington Chase consists of large custom homes built within the last 10-15 years (mostly 4000 sq. feet and larger) built by John Wieland Homes, of the area’s most reputable builders. Home prices in this neighborhood range from the low $500s to the high $700s.
- Weddington Chase
Homes for Sale in Weddington Chase
Subdivision: Weddington ChaseView Details
Subdivision: Weddington ChaseView Details
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2018 CarolinaMLS