Welcome to Victoria Lake
Contact a Victoria Lake Neighborhood Expert Today
Located just south of Weddington, about 5 miles from Interstate-485 just off Providence Road, the small gated community of Victoria Lake offers its residents the finest in suburban living, with custom-built homes set in a country setting that almost makes you forget you’re minutes away from the best attractions in Charlotte. Boasting gorgeous lakeside views, quiet walking trails and sprawling, custom homes set on large lots, Victoria Lake combines the comforts of southern luxury living with the convenience to plenty of shopping, dining and entertainment options—not to mention the low tax rates enjoyed Union County—making this area understandably one of the most coveted places in greater Charlotte. Welcome to Victoria Lake.
While homes in the Victoria Lake community were built around 2006 and later, the community of Weddington has its roots all the back in post-Revolutionary War times, with the town’s namesake family first settling here in the early 1800s. Remaining as a loose-knit agricultural community for more than a century, when nearby Charlotte’s urban expansion began knocking on the door, the town of Weddington made the decision to preserve its rural legacy by incorporating in 1983. Because of that decision, this community today still enjoys it’s small-town charm while drawing benefit and convenience from the urban growth nearby, making it one of Charlotte’s most popular suburbs.
- Population: 10,101 (Weddington)
- Neighborhood features newer, custom-built homes, walking trails and views of the lake
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located five miles from the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 20 miles south of downtown Charlotte, NC
This neighborhood itself offers the serenity of a nearby lake and walking trails to enjoy. Shopping, dining and other attractions can be found in nearby communities of Weddington and Wesley Chapel, with nearby I-485 offering easy access to many other destinations in Charlotte.
- Papa’s Pizza to Go– Located near the Weddington Town Center, this small-town pizza chain offers great pizza, pastas, sandwiches and salads—and not just “to go,” either. Dine in, take out or have it delivered.
- Ilios Noche Restaurant – A few miles north of Victoria Lake along Providence Road (just south of I-485), this popular spot offers excellent Greek and Italian inspired dishes in an upscale-modern atmosphere.
- 131 Main – A five-mile drive along Rea Road brings you to the popular Blakeney shopping district, where this upscale hotspot features New American fare and fine wines in a relaxing urban-casual setting.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airportis approximately 27 miles from Victoria Lake via the I-485 Inner Loop, with daily flights to many domestic and international desitnations.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Victoria Lake sits just off State Hwy 16 (Providence Road), which intersects a few miles north with the southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway).
- Local Shops – The nearest local shops can be found at Weddington Corners along Providence Road, featuring a Harris Teeter food market and other stores.
- Promenade on Providence – This busy shopping area sits just north of Interstate-485 along Providence Road, where you’ll find major retailers like Home Depot and Pier 1, along with boutique chains like Jos. A. Bank and LOFT.
- Blakeney– Target, Marshall’s, Old Navy, Talbots and Victoria’s Secret are just a few of the many stores available at this popular shopping destination.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- The Hunter Farm – Pick strawberries in the spring, take a hayride in the fall, and celebrate the holidays in style at this historic farm along Providence Road, offering family fun and events all year round.
- Symphony Park at South Park – Adjacent to South Park Mall about 15 miles to the northwest, this outdoor venue is the home of the Charlotte Symphony Summer Pops series.
Real Estate Information
Victoria Lake consists of luxury custom homes built by reputable builders like Zenith Construction and Conger Brothers. Homes in this community start at the upper $600s and range up toward $1.5 million.
- Victoria Lake
Homes for Sale in Victoria Lake
Subdivision: Victoria LakeView Details
Subdivision: Victoria LakeView Details
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2018 CarolinaMLS