Welcome to Tullamore
Contact a Tullamore Neighborhood Expert Today
Nestled in the Marvin Creek Community just off the intersection of Rea Road and Tom Short Road lies the small, new subdivision of Tullamore—a planned community of just over 40 homes and homesites developed by Pulte Homes. Here, residents will enjoy sprawling floorplans set on large lots in a wooded, park-like setting with walking trails and a community park, zoned within Union County Schools and just minutes from some of the best shopping, dining and entertainment choices in the southern Charlotte suburbs. Welcome to Tullamore.
Tulamore is a new development in a newly incorporated community (the Village of Marvin was established in 2005), but the history of this area runs much deeper, back to colonial times when the first settlers began farming this land in the mid-1700s. Mainly a rural agricultural community for many years (cotton being the primary crop), the textile industry came to the fore when the railroad arrived in nearby Waxhaw in the late 1800s. These days, of course, the urban sprawl of nearby Charlotte is knocking on the door of this otherwise quiet part of the country—but Marvin and Waxhaw continue to preserve their small-town charm today, and with subdivisions like Tullamore being built to respect the beautiful country setting of this area, it’s little wonder that the Marvin-Waxhaw area continues to be one of the most coveted areas of suburban Charlotte.
- Population: 6110 (Marvin)
- Neighborhood features approximately 45 homes and homesites with planned park and walking trails
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located 4 miles south of the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 22 miles south of downtown Charlotte
Primarily a residential area in a rural community, the main attraction in and near Tullamore is the great outdoors, with a planned park and walking trails within Tullamore itself, and more hiking opportunities in the developing trail network of nearby Marvin. A few miles to the southeast lies the historic downtown area of Waxhaw, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, featuring an array of local shops and eateries. Several golf courses can be found within a few miles of Tullamore, and many of Charlotte’s most popular attractions are accessible via nearby I-485.
- 131 Main – Craft beers, reserve wines and fabulous New American entrees await you at this popular upscale eatery located in the nearby Blakeney shopping area.
- 18 Asian & Sushi Bar – Also in Blakeney, you’ll find a selection of Asian and sushi dishes here, along with a pleasant upscale-casual vibe—but at surprisingly modest prices.
- Rippington’s Restaurant – For excellent local flavor, take a trip to nearby downtown Waxhaw to visit this popular spot.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a major air facility located approximately 22.5 miles from Tullamore via Rea Road and the I-485 Inner Loop.
- Major Roads and Interstates – The southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway) is located about 4 miles north of the Tullamore subdivision via Rea Road.
- Blakeney– This popular shopping area can be found only 2 miles north of Tullamore along Rea Road, with larger retailers like Target and Marshall’s along with boutiques like Talbots and New York & Co.
- StoneCrest at Piper Glen – A couple miles north of Blakeney along Rea Road (at the junction of I-485), StoneCrest at Piper Glen features a wide range of shops, from Michael’s and ULTA to Chico’s and Claire’s, and many others.
- SouthPark – For a more upscale shopping experience, a half-hour’s drive into Charlotte brings you to SouthPark Mall, featuring stores like Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and about 150 others.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- The Stuffed Olive – This restaurant in Waxhaw is more than just one of the best Italian joints in the area—on the weekend, it turns into an evening venue with dancing, karaoke and live music you won’t want to miss.
- The Golf Club at Ballantyne – A few minutes north, next to the Ballantyne Hotel, this public 18-hole championship course offers year-round tee times.
- Regal Cinemas StoneCrest at Piper Glen 22 – This busy theater complex at StoneCrest features first-run movies in a comfortable setting, including an IMAX screen.
Real Estate Information
Tullamore is a planned development consisting of newer luxury homes built by Pulte Homes in 2014 or later, generally ranging between 3800 and 5500 square feet, and ranging in price between the mid- $600s to near $800,000.
Homes for Sale in Tullamore
Subdivision: TullamoreView Details
Subdivision: TullamoreView Details
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2020 CarolinaMLS