Welcome to Therrell Farms
Contact a Therrell Farms Neighborhood Expert Today
Situated just south of Weddington off Providence Road, the gated community of Therrell Farms offers spacious newer homes in a serene country setting. Named after the local family who owned this farmland for generations, today the Therrell Farms neighborhood affords the perfect blend of country solitude and convenience to suburban Charlotte, combined with low Union County tax rates and excellent public schools. Welcome to Therrell Farms.
While Therrell Farms is a newer planned development, the nearby town of Weddington has its roots much earlier, with the first families settling the area in the early 1800s. For many decades after, Weddington remained a quiet, loose-knit agricultural community, until in recent years the area began feeling the effects of nearby Charlotte’s urban sprawl. To preserve its small-town feel, Weddington was incorporated as its own town in 1983, ensuring that area residents would continue to enjoy the rural charm that drew the first settlers to this area more than a century and a half ago.
- Population: 10,101 (Weddington)
- Neighborhood features custom-built homes in a quiet, gated neighborhood
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located six miles from the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 21 miles south of downtown Charlotte, NC
Therrell Farms residents can enjoy many nearby activities, from a round of golf at one of several nearby championship courses to horseback riding at one of the local stables, to meandering through historic downtown Waxhaw a few miles to the south. A short drive north along Providence Road brings you to the I-485 loop, giving you easy access to many other popular Charlotte attractions.
- Java’s Brewing Bakery and Cafe – Located at the nearby corner of Providence and New Town Roads, this popular hangout is a bakery, coffee shop and cafe rolled into one.
- Ilios Noche Restaurant – For an excellent offering of Greek and Italian fare in an upscale-modern atmosphere, visit this establishment along Providence Road near I-485.
- Rippington’s Restaurant – Located a few miles south in historic downtown Waxhaw, this local favorite offers a diverse menu of dishes at moderate prices.
- Airports – The busy Charlotte Douglas International Airport is approximately 27 miles from Weddington Chase via the I-485 Inner Loop, offering daily flights to many domestic and international destinations.
- Major Roads and Interstates – The Therrell Farms neighborhood is accessible via State Hwy 16 (Providence Road), which intersects a few miles north with the southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway).
- Local Shops – Just around the corner from Therrell Farms lies the Newtown Market Shopping Center, featuring number of local shops, a bank, a car wash, nail salon, CVS Pharmacy and more.
- Promenade on Providence – Drive just past I-485 along Providence Road to reach this busy shopping area, featuring major retailers like Pier One and Home Depot along with boutiques like LOFT and Jos. A. Bank.
- Blakeney– Another popular nearby shopping destination, Blakeney offers such stores as Target, Old Navy, Talbots and many others, located along Rea Road a few miles north of Therrell Farms.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- The Hunter Farm – Located along Providence Road in nearby Weddington, this historic family farm dates back to the 1800s, and today offers year-found family fun with springtime strawberry picking, October pumpkins and hayrides, and Christmas festivities.
- Carolina Country Acres – Located about 3 miles west of Therrell Farms, this popular horse complex offers riding lessons, shows, horse boarding and more.
- The Stuffed Olive – A few miles south in Waxhaw, this establishment not only offers excellent Italian fare during the week, but on the weekend evenings it becomes a popular night spot with dancing, live music and karaoke.
Real Estate Information
A newer subdivision, Therrell Farms consists primarily of newer homes built since 2005, with new builds ongoing on available lots. Home prices in this neighborhood range from the low $500s to the low $800s.
- Therrell Farms
Homes for Sale in Therrell Farms
No Listings Found.
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2018 CarolinaMLS