Welcome to Stonecroft
Contact a Stonecroft Neighborhood Expert Today
Beautiful custom luxury homes in a tranquil neighborhood that is just minutes from shopping, dining, and entertainment. Excellent schools, parks and golf courses within walking distance, and friendly neighbors on every street. Welcome to Stonecroft.
Most of the homes in Stonecroft were built throughout the 2000s, but there is a historic charm to the neighborhood with its vintage European-style homes, mature-growth trees, and winding roads and sidewalks. Once you turn off Colony Road and onto one the community’s streets, you will forget that you are just 11 miles from Uptown and 5 minutes from Charlotte’s top shopping and dining destinations. There are even a few creeks running through the neighborhood that backs up to the prestigious Carmel Country Club.
Stonecroft students have the opportunity to attend some of the best schools in the nation, and there are several parks and recreational opportunities nearby for all ages. Professionals appreciate the proximity to the airport and hundreds of business opportunities. There is also a grocery store and a few restaurants right next to the neighborhood, making life just a little easier.
One of the roads in Stonecroft is named Cornwallis Camp Drive, and there is a good reason for that. According to legend, back during the Revolutionary War, in 1780, General Charles Cornwallis led his troops to the area, and they spent the night here on the grounds that are now Stonecroft.
In the years that followed, the neighborhood was a farm that belonged to prominent Charlotte residents, the Rea family. Their original ancestors moved to the area during the 1760s, and they owned the property for many years. Stonecroft sits on 75 acres of their original home site and just off Rea Road.
- Population: 300
- Public school students in Stonecroft will attend Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, including Myers Park High School. Newsweek has consistently ranked it as one of the top 40 high schools in the United States, even placing it at number 7 in 2003.
- Stonecroft residents have access to jobs at Charlotte’s top employers, including Carolinas Healthcare System, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Lowe’s, Novant Health, American Airlines, and Duke Energy.
- The neighborhood is approximately 8 miles from Carolinas Medical Center and 5 miles from Carolinas HealthCare System Pineville. Both hospitals are a part of the award-winning, nationally recognized Carolinas Healthcare System.
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Library – South County Regional is just a few minutes from the community on Rea Road.
- From presidents to athletes, many notable people are from the Charlotte area. They include President Andrew Jackson, President James K. Polk, author Kathy Reichs, actress Brooklyn Decker, NBA star Stephen Curry, NASCAR driver Richard petty, and football coach Joe Gibbs.
No matter how you like to spend your free time, you will find it all within a few minutes of Stonecroft. Shopping and dining opportunities surround the neighborhood in all directions. Stonecroft backs up to a prestigious country club on one side and a popular neighborhood park on the other, and there are several other country clubs and parks in the South Charlotte area. Amusement parks, professional sports, museums, and access to some of the top concerts, plays, and other entertainment are all within a half hour drive.
- The Lodge: A Sportsman’s Grill – One of the most popular restaurants that sits right across from Stonecroft is The Lodge. Grab a drink from a local brewery, enjoy a warm Carolina evening and live music on the dog-friendly patio, or take part in a game of Trivia on Tuesday night. Of course, you will enjoy want to enjoy a dish from the menu, like blackened fish tacos, pulled pork BBQ sliders, or a pimento grilled cheese sandwich. The restaurant and bar serves mostly locally-sourced food.
- Brooklyn South Pizzeria – Another restaurant that is practically within walking distance of Stonecroft is Brooklyn South Pizzeria. The award-winning restaurant has been serving delicious pizza and Italian food since 1998. Dine in or order online so you can pick up your pie on the way home from work.
- Cherry Blossom – Cherry Blossom Chinese has been voted one of the top 100 Chinese restaurants in the United States, and it is located in the Arboretum Shopping Center near Stonecroft. You will find all of your favorite Chinese dishes, whether you decide to dine in or order online for delivery.
- Mickey & Mooch – Upon entering Mickey & Mooch, patrons feel as if they walked back in time. From the unique hand-painted murals on the wall to the music from the Big Band era, this is the type of steak house your parents and grandparents enjoyed in their day. Have a glass of wine with your prime steak, pasta, chicken, or seafood dish.
- Cajun Yard Dog – If you want Cajun dishes that taste like they were made in New Orleans, head to Cajun Yard Dog in the Arboretum Shopping Center. It serves up dishes like fried chicken, red beans and rice, and jambalaya, as well as over 35 varieties of hot sauce. Enjoy the casual atmosphere while you dine.
- Airports – Stonecroft is just 15 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. As of 2015, it offers nonstop service to 159 destinations and handles about 713 daily departures. It is also a major hub for American Airlines.
- Public Transportation – There are several Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) bus stations near Stonecroft, along Rea and Colony Roads.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Stonecroft is just minutes from Pineville-Matthews Road, as well as Interstate 485.
- Harris Teeter – Just outside of the neighborhood is a small shopping center where residents can grab a few groceries or a quick bite to eat any day of the week. The main feature there is a Harris Teeter supermarket. Restaurants like Dunkin’ Donuts, The Lodge, Brooklyn South Pizzeria, Maria Bonita’s Cantina & grill, and Papa John’s are also located here.
- Arboretum Shopping Center – Go a little further down the street, and you will find the Arboretum Shopping Center. Here you can shop at stores like Barnes & Noble, Bed Bath & Beyond, Gap, Michael’s, Petco, Rack Room, Rite Aid, and Wal-Mart. There are also several restaurants and services located here.
- SouthPark Mall – Stonecroft is just over 4 miles from Charlotte’s most upscale shopping destination: SouthPark Mall. The mall is the largest in the Carolinas and one of the most profitable in the country. Its 150+ stores include Belk, Dillard’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Macy’s Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Tiffany & Co, The North Face, Lego, Pottery Barn, Sephora, Hermes, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Coach, Apple, Crate & Barrel, and American Girl.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Olde Providence Park – Part of the Stonecroft neighborhoods backs up to Old Providence Park which sits just behind Olde Providence Elementary School. The 39-acre park has 8 baseball fields, a soccer field, a playground, and walking trails.
- Carmel Country Club – Other parts of Stonecroft back up to the prestigious Carmel Country Club. The club is home to two 18-hole golf courses, PGA instructors, and a pro shop. Other club features are 12-court tennis complex which earned the 2013 “USTA Outstanding Facility Award” and the two resort-style pools with diving boards, slides, a water tower, zero entry areas for toddlers, and a California-style restaurant.
- Cinebarre – Cinebarre is part movie theater, part restaurant, and it is just a few minutes from Stonecroft in the Arboretum Shopping Center. The menu is packed with delicious movie-themed items like When Harry Met Salad, Children of the Popcorn, and Some Like it Hot Wings. You will also find a selection of pizza and burgers, as well as wine, beer, shakes, and desserts to accompany them. Enjoy it all while watching the latest blockbusters out of Hollywood.
- Carowinds – Stonecroft is about 15 miles from Carowinds, North Carolina’s favorite amusement park. From the thrill rides to the water park, it is a great way to spend a day. Is also features live entertainment, dining options, family rides, Planet Snoopy, a Dinosaurs Alive exhibit, and more.
- Bank of America Stadium – For sports fans, Bank of America Stadium is just under 10 miles from Stonecroft. It is the home to the NFL’s Carolina Panthers and seats over 74,000 fans for every Sunday home game. It also hosts college football games, soccer matches, and concerts occasionally.
Real Estate Information
In Stonecroft you will find an array of 120 beautiful custom luxury homes, many of which back up to the golf course. Do not expect the cookie cutter homes that you find in many newer neighborhoods. They range from French provincial to Victorian mixed with a number of other popular styles that help add character to the community. You will also find yards with immaculate landscaping and mature growth trees. Most of the homes in Stonecroft fall between $700,000 and $2 million and 2,500 and 6,000 square feet. Lots typically range from 0.35 to 0.85 acres.
Homes for Sale in Stonecroft
Subdivision: Quail HollowView Details
Subdivision: Old FoxcroftView Details
Subdivision: EastoverView Details
Subdivision: Myers ParkView Details
Subdivision: DilworthView Details
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2019 CarolinaMLS