Welcome to Stone Creek Ranch
Contact a Stone Creek Ranch Neighborhood Expert Today
A large planned community that sits on 440 acres just south of Interstate 485. Situated between Ballantyne and Providence Estates, the community was first built in 2004, and in the last decade, it has become one of the most sought-after neighborhoods in South Charlotte. Welcome to Stone Creek Ranch.
A family-friendly community, Stone Creek Ranch residents can practically walk to the local elementary school. Sidewalks line the streets, making it the perfect spot for strollers, joggers, dog walkers, and kids on bikes. In the heart of the community, you will find a small park and pool that is open throughout the summer.
Stone Creek Ranch’s proximity to Interstate 485 and other major roadways makes it an excellent choice for anyone who works Uptown or in one of the surrounding suburbs. However, there are plenty of job opportunities in the area, such as the nearby Ballantyne Business Center. Shopping and dining can be found in every direction once you leave the boundaries of this peaceful neighborhood, as well as parks, churches, entertainment options, and so much more.
Charlotte, North Carolina became a city in 1768. Named for Queen Charlotte of England, the area went through the nation’s first gold rush, endured the Civil War, welcomed railroads to town, and became a major textile manufacturer before becoming one of the top banking cities in the country, a title it still holds today. As more and more people began moving to Charlotte to seek jobs in the banking and finance industry, the need for housing grew throughout the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
That is why wonderful communities like Stone Creek Ranch were built. Up until 2004, the area where Stone Creek Ranch is located was called Brigadoon Stables. It was a place where children could attend summer camps and take riding lessons throughout the year. Today, the large community still feels like a party of the Carolina countryside, even though it is just minutes from all the best Charlotte has to offer.
- Population: 1,460
- Children living in Stone Creek Ranch will attend Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
- Nearby private schools include British International School of Charlotte, Charlotte Latin School, St. Matthew Catholic School, and Weddington Christian Academy.
- Stone Creek Ranch has its own clubhouse, pool, and children’s play area located in the heart of the community.
- Residents of Stone Creek Ranch are within commuting distance of some of Charlotte’s top employers. They include Bank of America, Wells Fargo, American Airlines, Novant Health, and Carolinas HealthCare System.
- Stone Creek Ranch is approximately eight miles from Carolinas Healthcare System Pineville, a 206-bed acute care hospital.
Stone Creek Ranch is just 15 miles south of Uptown Charlotte, which means residents have access to some of the best shopping, dining, professional sports, theaters, museums, and concert venues in the Southeast. However, there is plenty to do right there in your own backyard. Shopping centers and restaurants abound in every direction. Whether you like to spend your days fishing and kayaking on a peaceful lake, riding thrilling roller coasters, or playing a round of golf, there is truly something for everyone near Stone Creek Ranch.
- Hickory Tavern – Hickory Tavern is part sports bar, part restaurant, with locations throughout the Carolinas. It is a great place to enjoy your old favorite dishes like burgers, nachos, wings, and chicken tenders and maybe catch a Panthers or Hornets game on TV. Tuesdays are “All You Can Eat Crab Legs” nights. The restaurant is located near the southeastern corner of Stone Creek Ranch.
- Ilios Noche – With two locations, this Charlotte staple is a favorite for Greek and Italian dining. Eat in the modern dining room or enjoy a warm Carolina day on the patio. The upscale restaurant is family-friendly. Find pasta, pizzas, seafood, classic Italian dishes, and much more on the menu.
- The Wok – When you do not feel like cooking dinner after a long day at work, swing by The Wok on the way home. Located on Providence Road, just outside of the neighborhood, The Wok serves up many of your favorite dishes. Try the hibachi steak and seafood entrees, rice bowls, or one of the many lunch and dinner combos available.
- The Q Shack – Everyone in North Carolina loves their barbecue, and luckily for Stone Creek Ranch residents, The Q Shack is just around the corner. And this place knows how to do barbecue. The Hickory Smoked Pork Butt Sandwich is pulled fresh daily from 10-hour slow-roasted pork. Other specialties include the chili rubbed beef brisket and Carolina pork shoulder.
- Sushi 101 – If it’s sushi you crave, then head to Sushi 101 at the Promenade on Providence. Some say it’s the best sushi in South Charlotte. Enjoy specialty rolls, makimono rolls, appetizers, and Japanese dinners.
- Airports – Stone Creek Ranch is just about 23 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT). One of the busiest airports in the country, CLT is a major hub for American Airlines, and it handles over 720 daily departures to over 155 cities in the world.
- Public Transportation – While the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) does not yet reach the Stone Creek Ranch area, its bus services do travel to areas just north of the neighborhood, such as the Providence Commons shopping center
- Major Roadways and Interstates – Stone Creek Ranch sits just south of Interstate 485, which forms a perimeter around Charlotte and provides a shortcut to other major interstates like 77 and 85. Other major roadways surrounding the neighborhood are Ardrey Kell Road, Tom Short Road, and Providence Road.
- Stonecrest at Piper Glen – There is plenty of shopping in every corner just outside of Stone Creek Ranch, and that starts with Stonecrest. There are dozens of stores, restaurants, and businesses here, such as Chico’s, Charming Charlie, Ulta, Starbucks, Smashburger, Michaels, Soma, GNC, Harris Teeter, fab’rik, and Target.
- Blakeney – Next up is Blakeney, a South Charlotte hotspot for shopping and dining. Stores here include CVS, Banana Republic, Talbots, Target, Victoria’s Secret, Old Navy, Harris Teeter, Marshall’s/HomeGoods, New York & Company, Loft, and J. Jill.
- Promenade on Providence – Just north of Stone Creek Ranch is Promenade on Providence. Shops here include Amy’s Hallmark, The Fresh Market, CVS, Kirkland’s, Staples, Home Depot, Pier 1 Imports, Men’s Warehouse, Ann Taylor Loft, Stein Mart, and much more. Lowe’s and Harris Teeter are located across the street in Providence Commons.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Colonel Francis Beatty Park – There are several parks around Charlotte, but Colonel Francis Beatty Park may be one of the most popular. At 265 acres, it includes two lighted basketball courts, tennis courts, five lighted soccer fields, indoor and outdoor picnic shelters, horseshoe pits, grills, walking trails, playgrounds, softball fields, a conference center, and a lake that is ideal for fishing canoeing, and kayaking. It is just minutes from Stone Creek Ranch.
- Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen Stadium 22 & IMAX – Whether it is date night or family movie night, head over to Stonecrest to catch one of the latest blockbusters out of Hollywood on the big screen.
- Morrison Family YMCA – The Morrison Family YMCA is a popular place for families to spend a day in the area. Enjoy the yoga studio, cycle room, state-of-the-art fitness center, CrossFit training center, indoor and outdoor tracks, dance studios, classes for all ages, waterpark, spray park, lap pool, wade pool, triple flume slides, sports fields, teen centers, art studio, and so much more.
- Golf Clubs – There are several private and public golf clubs in South Charlotte, and many of them are just minutes from Stone Creek Ranch. These include the Golf Club at Ballantyne, Providence Country Club, Cedarwood Country Club, and Raintree Country Club.
- Carowinds – Stone Creek Ranch is just under 15 miles from the most exciting theme park in the Carolinas. Carowinds features thrills rides, family rides, live performances, Planet Snoopy, a waterpark, and Dinosaurs Alive.
Real Estate Information
Stone Creek Ranch is home to mostly Craftsman and traditional two-story brick and stone homes with exquisite details inside and out. Each one sits on a well-maintained lush green lot and was built throughout the 2000s and 2010s. There are also some townhomes in the community. Sidewalks line the street of this walkable neighborhood. Home prices typically range between $250,000 and $550,000.
- Stone Creek Ranch
Homes for Sale in Stone Creek Ranch
No Listings Found.
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2019 CarolinaMLS