Welcome to Raintree
Contact a Raintree Neighborhood Expert Today
Raintree’s park-like setting is just one reason this gorgeous South Charlotte neighborhood is so popular. Woods, ponds, lakes, and creeks meander throughout, creating a tranquil place to call home. The Raintree Country Club’s two 18-hole golf courses also offer residents serene views of the green and make the neighborhood ideal for anyone who enjoys nature and the outdoors.
But do not let the peace and quiet fool you. Some of South Charlotte’s top shopping and dining destinations, as well as several major roadways, surround Raintree and its unique selection of homes. Whether you want the convenience of a low-maintenance townhome, a sprawling ranch with a big back yard, or a beautiful two-story brick home with plenty of amenities, you will find it all here.
Other reasons to live in Raintree include access to excellent public and private schools, proximity to Charlotte’s top employers, and the easy commute to Uptown.
The Raintree community dates back to the 1970s when the Raintree Country Club was founded. Developed in 1971, the country club served as an anchor for the neighborhood that would eventually surround it. The community experienced a second round of growth in the 1990s.
The city of Charlotte itself dates back to 1768 when it was founded and named for Queen Charlotte of England. A few decades later, it would become the site of the nation’s first but short-lived gold rush. Mining for gold took a backseat to cotton farming and other agricultural endeavors, and once the railroads began to move in, the city became a hub for textile production and distribution throughout the late 19th century. By the 1970s and 1980s, around the time Raintree was born, Charlotte began a population boom that continues today. Next to New York City, it is the largest banking center in the United States.
- Population: 1,900
- Public school students who live in Raintree will attend Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
- Private schools like Charlotte Latin and United Faith Christian Academy are also located right next to the community, near its eastern border.
- Residents of Raintree have access to some of Charlotte’s top employers. They include Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Duke Energy, American Airlines and Carolinas HealthCare System.
- Raintree is located just minutes from Carolinas HealthCare System Pineville.
- The South County Regional Branch of the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library System is located right next to Raintree.
Bank of America Stadium, Time Warner Cable Arena, Discovery Place, the NASCAR Hall of Fame — these attractions and more are just about 12 miles away in Uptown Charlotte. And while Raintree residents love to visit Uptown for its entertainment and nightlife options, they also like to stick around and enjoy what the community surrounding them has to offer. There are shops and restaurants in every direction, as well as some of the city’s largest parks. You will also find a selection of golf and country clubs if having a great one right in the heart of your community is not quite enough.
- TRUE Crafted Pizza – Located at Stonecrest, TRUE Crafted Pizza offers an open kitchen in a modern dining room and some of the best pies in town. The restaurant serves both grilled and oven-baked pizza, along with salads, soups, sandwiches, and gelato.
- Mickey & Mooch – When you feel like a night out on the town, but do not want to head to Uptown Charlotte, head to the Arboretum instead. The upscale Mickey & Mooch offers up big band music and old-fashioned décor with a side of delicious steak and seafood.
- Cajun Yard Dog – When it is Cajun cuisine you crave, there is no better place to get it than Cajun Yard Dog. Enjoy the flavors of Louisiana with dishes like red beans and rice, jambalaya, crawfish etouffee, and fried chicken. The colorful restaurant is famous for its 35 varieties of hot sauce.
- Rudy’s Italian Restaurant and Bar – Rudy’s Italian Restaurant and Bar is famous for its extensive wine list, as well as its traditional Italian cuisine. Open nightly for dinner; you can enjoy pasta dishes like spaghetti and meatballs and lasagna, as well as entrees like fresh salmon stuffed with seafood and baked Cornish hens.
- Malaya Kitchen – A casual eatery located in the Arboretum, Malaya Kitchen is a local favorite for lunch. The menu is packed with delicious Malaysian cuisine choices, including dishes like coconut shrimp, curry chicken, and Mongolian beef.
- Airports – Raintree is just 20 miles southeast of Charlotte Douglas International Airport, one of the busiest airports in the country. It offers approximately 720 daily departures to 155 nonstop destinations.
- CATS – The Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) offers bus service to the Arboretum Shopping Center which sits along the northern part of Raintree.
- Major Roadways and Interstates – Several major South Charlotte roads form the borders of Raintree. They are Providence Road to the east, Pineville-Matthews Road to the north, and Ballantyne Commons Parkway to the south. Interstate 485 also runs just south of Raintree.
- Arboretum Shopping Center – Residents of Raintree love that the Arboretum Shopping Center is located on the north end of the community. It is home to dozens of stores, restaurants, and services, and it is practically in your own backyard. Stores and restaurants here include Walmart, Petco, Barnes & Noble, Bed Bath & Beyond, Harris Teeter, Michael’s, Wild Bird Center, The Natural Market, Chick-fil-A, Chili’s, Taco Bell, and Five Guys.
- Stonecrest at Piper Glen – Just south of Raintree is the favorite Stonecrest at Piper Glen shopping center. Here, you will find stores and restaurants like Target, ULTA, Starbucks, Soma, Chico’s, Dean & DeLuca, fab’rik, Chipotle, Claire’s, Alegria Shoe Shop, GNC, Harris Teeter, Sally Beauty, Michaels, GameStop, and more.
- Providence Commons – Another shopping center that sits just south of Raintree is Providence Commons. It is home to Lowe’s, Rite Aid, Harris Teeter, and the UPS Store, along with restaurants and services. Home Depot, Stein Mart, and Staples sit across the street.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Cinebarre Arboretum 11 – Raintree has its very own move theater. Cinebarre Arboretum 11 offers the latest movies out of Hollywood on 11 big screens. It also offers full restaurant service so you can enjoy a meal while you watch.
- Raintree Country Club – Raintree also has its own golf and country club. The members-only club opened in 1971 and features two 18-hole courses, a state-of-the-art tennis complex, a pool, a fitness center, and a full-service restaurant and clubhouse.
- William R. Davie Park – Residents of Raintree are lucky enough to live right next to one of South Charlotte’s favorite parks, William R. Davie. It features 107 acres of fun and includes a dog park, a pond, walking trails, indoor and outdoor picnic shelters, playgrounds, horseshoe pits, softball fields, soccer fields, a volleyball court, and a basketball court.
- Carowinds – Raintree is just under 14 miles from Carowinds, North Carolina’s favorite amusement park. Residents of all ages can take in the live shows, have a blast on the thrill and family rides, check out the Dinosaurs Alive exhibit, visit Planet Snoopy, or splash around at the water park.
- Colonel Francis Beatty Park – Another great place to spend the day is the nearby Colonel Francis Beatty Park. The 265-acre park is home to basketball courts, tennis courts, soccer fields, horseshoe pits, several indoor and outdoor picnic shelters, picnic tables with grills, playgrounds, walking trails, mountain biking trails, softball fields, and a conference center. There is also a lake that is popular for canoeing, kayaking, and fishing.
Real Estate Information
Raintree real estate offers plenty of diversity when it comes to home style, size, and price. The community is an established one that was built over the last three decades of the 20th century, which means that no matter what style you choose, you can expect quality craftsmanship that is often hard to find these days. You will find a selection of two-story, traditional, contemporary, ranch, and colonial styles. There are even some townhomes in the community. Look for features like wooded lots, golf course views, upgraded kitchens, masters on the main level, and hardwood floors. Prices typically range from as low as $200,000 up to the high $600,000s.
- Olde Providence Elementary School
- McAlpine Elementary School
- South Charlotte Middle School
- JM Robinson Middle School
- Providence High School
Homes for Sale in Raintree
No Listings Found.
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2019 CarolinaMLS