Welcome to Providence Downs South
Contact a Providence Downs South Neighborhood Expert Today
Enter through the gates just off New Town Road in Marvin to arrive at Providence Downs South, one of suburban Charlotte’s most elegant and coveted communities. With sprawling, luxurious homes on large wooded lot, resort-like amenities, low Union County tax rates, excellent schools, and plenty of shopping, dining and activities just minutes away, this private gated neighborhood certainly offers suburban country living at its finest. Welcome to Providence Downs South.
While Providence Downs South is a newer planned community, the surrounding rural area is one rich in history, with the first colonists settling here before the Revolutionary War (Andrew Jackson was reportedly born near Waxhaw in 1767). Remaining an agricultural area for over 100 years, the area became more industrial with the arrival of the railroad in the 1880s, and textile mills began springing up to process the cotton grown on area farms. These days, thanks to the growth of nearby Charlotte, the Marvin-Waxhaw area enjoys the benefits of being a metropolitan suburb while retaining its rural country charm, giving area residents the best of both worlds.
- Population: 6110 (Marvin)
- Neighborhood features newer luxury homes, clubhouse, fitness center, 3 swimming pools, lazy river and more
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located approximately miles south of the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 23 miles south of downtown Charlotte
The many amenities of Providence Downs South make it an attraction of itself, with several pools for kids and adults, a lazy river and waterslide, and a massive, elegant clubhouse with plenty of meeting space, among other things. The nearby area offers much in the way of outdoor activities, from the walking trails in Marvin to horseback riding at one of several area stables, to golf at nearby Firethorne Country Club (and a public course in the Ballantyne area). A short drive south brings you to historic downtown Waxhaw with its delightful antique shops, while a short drive north to I-485 provides easy access to the best attractions of Charlotte
- 131 Main – Drive about four miles north to the Blakeney shopping area to experience this highly rated restaurant, featuring reserve wines, craft beers and New American fare in a casual-upscale environment.
- 18 Asian & Sushi Bar – Excellent Asian-inspired fare and sushi can be found at this Blakeney hotspot, along with plenty of atmosphere, all at reasonable prices.
- Rippington’s Restaurant – Located in historic downtown Waxhaw, this local favorite features a comprehensive menu of excellent, moderately priced meals.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airport is approximately 24 miles from Providence Downs South. One of the busiest airports in the country, it offers nonstop flights to over 150 destinations. It is also a major American Airlines hub.
- Major Roads and Interstates – The southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway) is located about 6 miles north via Rea Road.
- Blakeney– This busy shopping area can be found about four miles north of Providence Downs South via Rea Road, where you’ll find larger retailers like Target and Old Navy along with boutique shops like Talbots and Francescas.
- StoneCrest at Piper Glen – A short drive past Blakeney brings you to this busy shopping area adjacent to I-485, featuring a wide range of stores, dining and a movieplex.
- SouthPark – About a half-hour’s drive into Charlotte, SouthPark Mall offers a more upscale shopping experience with anchor stores like Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, along with more than 150 other stores.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Carolina Country Acres – This nearby facility offers horseback riding, lessons, horse shows and boarding.
- The Golf Club at Ballantyne – Located in the nearby Ballantyne area, this public 18-hole championship course offers tee times year-round.
- Symphony Park at SouthPark – Enjoy a variety of concerts and events during the spring and summer months (including the Charlotte Symphony’s Summer Pops series) at this popular outdoor venue adjacent to the SouthPark Mall.
Real Estate Information
Providence Downs South is a newer planned community featuring spacious custom homes built from 2005 onward, with newest homes built within the past year. Home prices in this community range from the upper $600s to around $1.7 million.
- Provendence Downs South
Homes for Sale in Providence Downs South
No Listings Found.
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2020 CarolinaMLS