Welcome to Providence Country Club
Contact a Providence Country Club Neighborhood Expert Today
Imagine fine country club living in a family-friendly atmosphere where neighbors quickly become friends. The schools are excellent, the homes sit on inviting half-acre lots, and the amenities and green spaces are endless. Welcome to Providence Country Club.
Between 1989 and 2000, the construction of Providence Country Club turned a vision of an active yet comfortable golf, swim, and tennis community into a reality. Nestled between Providence and Ardrey Kell Roads in South Charlotte, the neighborhood features all of the world-class facilities one comes to expect from one of the top country clubs in a major city, while also creating a warm, inviting atmosphere for residents who are looking for a place to call home. It is a wonderful place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Charlotte without adding long, stressful hours to your weekly commute; and it is just minutes from some of the city’s top parks and shopping and dining destinations.
Providence Country Club dates back to the late 1980s, but the city of Charlotte’s history goes back much further. Named for Queen Charlotte, the wife of King George III, immigrants founded the city in 1768 after working out a deal with the local Catawban Native Americans to settle 144,000 acres near the Catawba River. A few decades later, the first gold rush in the United States happened in the area. Miners flocked to what was known as “Charlotte Town” at the time, but many of them eventually moved on to California. Later, during the Civil War, Charlotte served as the location for the Confederate Navy Yard, and it hosted Jefferson Davis’s last cabinet meeting. After the war ended, the textile industry, farming, and railroads kept the city growing, but in the 1970s, it experienced a major boom as its banking industry grew, attracting new residents from all over the world. Today, it is the second-largest banking center in the United States and one of the fastest-growing metropolitan areas.
- Population: 2,500
- Public school students living in Providence Country Club will attend Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
- Private schools near the community include Weddington Christian Academy, St. Matthew Catholic School, Charlotte Latin School, and Omni Montessori School.
- The Charlotte Mecklenburg Library – South County Regional is just a few minutes away from Providence Country Club.
- Residents who live in the community have access to many Fortune 500 companies and other large employers in the Charlotte area. They include Carolinas HealthCare System, Wells Fargo, American Airlines, Lowe’s, Bank of America, and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
- Providence Country Club prides itself on being a family-friendly facility and offers events for all ages throughout the year. Some of these include an Easter Celebration, a father-daughter dance, summer camps, sports camps, Kids’ Nights Out, campouts, Spooktacular, and Santa’s Brunch.
Providence Country Club may be a little further away from Uptown Charlotte than many of the city’s other neighborhoods, but there is so much to do in the area that you will never get bored. Great restaurants, some of the city’s finest shopping opportunities, and fun parks are all just minutes away. The country club itself provides daily activities for members, and Lake Wylie is just a quick drive west. Of course, Uptown is just about 20 miles north of the community, and it is home to professional sports, museums, cultural events, and much more.
- Lure Oyster Bar – For fresh seafood in an atmosphere that is upscale yet inviting, locals love to visit Lure Oyster Bar on Rea Road. In addition to oysters, you can dine on burgers, crab cakes, pizza, tacos, fish and chips, shrimp, grilled fish, and more. Do not forget to check out the extensive drink menu.
- Spice South – For great Indian food, people come from all over South Charlotte to grab a bite at Spice South on Ardrey Kell Road. You can order online or have your food delivered. Choose from delicious vegetarian dishes, tandoori chicken straight from the clay oven, lamb and goat dishes, classic Indian treats, and so much more. The menu offers a vast selection of food.
- Hickory Tavern – Hickory Tavern has nearly 20 restaurants scattered throughout the Carolinas, and for good reason: People love the food and atmosphere. This location on Providence Road offers casual dining with classic dishes like wings, burgers, seafood, and tacos. Do not forget to have a drink at the bar if you are over 21 or catch a Carolina sports team on the big screen.
- Ilios Noche – Ilios Noche calls itself a “fun, upscale Mediterranean-inspired” restaurant. Located in Rea Village on Providence Road, it’s a local favorite for residents of Providence Country Club. Whether you choose to dine in the inviting dining room or out on the patio, you can enjoy tasty dishes like pizza, pasta, seafood, lamb chops, and steak.
- The Wok – Located on Providence Road, The Wok is Providence Country Club’s go-to place for a quick Asian meal. It features all of your favorites, ranging from rice bowls and soups to hibachi steak and seafood dishes. You can even order online so that your food is ready on those nights when you just want to grab something delicious on the way home from work.
- Airports – Providence Country Club is just under 25 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. It is one of the 10 largest airports in the United States, and one of the busiest airports in the world, based on both passenger totals and total operations.
- Public Transportation – The Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) provides bus service to the communities surrounding the country club.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Providence Country Club is just south of Interstate 485. The road forms a loop around the city of Charlotte, providing travelers with easy access to the city.
- Blakeney Shopping Center – One of Charlotte’s favorite shopping destinations, Blakeney Shopping Center, is just a mile or so from the country club. It is home to dozens of stores, businesses, and restaurants, including HomeGoods, Harris Teeter, Victoria’s Secret, Target, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Best Buy, Chili’s Bar & Grill, J. Jill, New York & Co., and more.
- StoneCrest at Piper Glen – StoneCrest of Piper Glen is a few miles northwest of Providence, and it offers a fun, family-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment experience. There is a movie theater, live music, and stores and restaurants like Harris Teeter, Flying Biscuit Café, Target, Marble Slab Creamery, Ulta Beauty, Dean & DeLuca, Michaels’s, and more.
- SouthPark Mall – Providence Country Club is approximately 11 miles away from one of Charlotte’s top shopping destinations: SouthPark Mall. The upscale mall is the most profitable mall in the United States, and it is home to popular stores and top designers like Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, H&M, Crate & Barrel, Nordstrom, Belk, Dillard’s, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Tiffany & Co, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, and more.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Providence Country Club – Providence Country Club may be just minutes from Charlotte’s top attractions, but the country club itself provides residents with plenty of things to do each day for the whole family. While becoming a member is not required, many people opt to so they can take advantage of the 18-hole Dan Maples golf course, tennis courts, fitness center, clubhouse facilities, pool, dining options, and family-friendly events.
- Lake Wylie – For a weekend getaway, Providence Country Club is a quick 25-mile drive from Lake Wylie. The 13,400-acre lake sits along the North and South Carolina border and is a favorite spot for fishing, camping, boating, swimming, and hiking.
- William R. Davie Park – For outdoor fun a little closer to home, the 107-acre William R. Davie Park is just a couple of miles north of Providence. It features a dog park, basketball court, 4 softball fields, 2 soccer fields, a volleyball court, 2 horseshoe pits, 2 shelters, a pond, walking trails, and playgrounds.
- Regal Cinemas StoneCrest at Piper Glen 22 & IMAX – To see the latest movies, take a quick drive over to the StoneCrest shopping center to the 22-screen movie theater. It features a café, game room, and reserved stadium seating.
- Bank of America Stadium – Sports fans love that Providence Country Club is just about 20 miles from Bank of America stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers and host of other types of games and events throughout the year.
Real Estate Information
Homes in Providence Country Club start around 2,500 square feet and range up to about 7,000 square feet. Prices start around $500,000 and range up to just over $1,000,000. Most of the beautiful homes sit on half an acre of land and feature lush green lawns with immaculate landscaping. You will find many traditional-style two-story brick and stucco houses, many of which offer golf course views. Residents who choose to join the country club can take advantage of amenities, such as a fitness center, tennis courts, the golf course, swimming pools, and the clubhouse.
Homes for Sale in Providence Country Club
No Listings Found.
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2019 CarolinaMLS