Welcome to Millbridge
Contact a Millbridge Neighborhood Expert Today
The entrance is unmistakeable: a picturesque covered bridge with a working water wheel welcomes you to Millbridge, a delightful 900-acre planned community located off Kensington Drive, just 3.5 miles northwest of historic Waxhaw, NC. Once you’re through the entrance, a park-like neighborhood with resort-like amenities awaits you—from miles of trails winding through acres of green space, to the Community House with fitness facilities, a theater room, cafe, swimming pool and lazy river. With many events and activities scheduled throughout the year, this is a community where the neighbors actually know each other, and with Kensington Elementary School situated on the grounds, children can walk to school without ever leaving the neighborhood. With all these amenities and the added convenience of easy access to many Charlotte attractions, it’s little wonder that Millbridge is one of the most coveted suburban neighborhoods south of Charlotte itself. Welcome to Millbridge.
While Millbridge itself is a newer master planned community with newer homes, the nearby community of Waxhaw dates back to colonial times, with the first colonists settling here in the mid-1700s. As the town grew, its economy was largely fueled by the demand for cotton, and prosperity arrived with the railroad in the late 1800s, prompting the development of textile mills to process cotton from the surrounding farms. Today, Waxhaw maintains its small-town legacy with its historic downtown district, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Here, you can enjoy great shopping and dining in charming surroundings that hark back to yesteryear.
- Population: 9859 (Waxhaw)
- Neighborhood features newer homes, walking trails, swimming pools, fitness center and a Community House with cafe, theater room and more
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located 10 miles south of the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 23 miles south of Charlotte’s First Ward
The resort-like amenities of Millbridge give residents plenty to enjoy without ever leaving the neighborhood, with on-site parks, walking trails, swimming pools, a lazy river, fitness facilities and more. A little over three miles to the southwest lies the historic downtown of Waxhaw itself, with popular restaurants, antique stores and a Farmer’s Market that operates during the spring and summer months. And ten miles to the north, I-485 provides quick access to many other Charlotte attractions.
- Rippington’s Reasturant – Located in historic downtown Waxhaw, Rippington’s is a local favorite offering a wide range of dishes at moderate prices.
- El Vallarta– This highly rated establishment in Waxhaw features excellent Mexican fare for modest prices in a casual atmosphere.
- Fox’s Pizza Den – For a casual, affordable alternative to fast food, this comfortable eatery offers pizza, strombolis, salads, sandwiches and homemade ice cream at reasonable prices.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airport is located approximately 30 miles from Millbridge via the I-485 Inner Loop.
- Major Roads and Interstates – The southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway) is located about 10 miles north of Millbridge, accessible via State Hwy. 16 (Providence Road) or U.S.-521 (Johnston Road).
- Local Shops – The shopping area most convenient to Millbridge can be found just under 2 miles east along Kensington Road, in the Cureton Town Center and vicinity. Here’ you’ll find major retailers like Harris Teeter, Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, Walgreens and Lowe’s, along with a few local establishments nearby. For more local shopping, check out the shops in historic downtown Waxhaw.
- Promenade on Providence – Approximately 10 miles to the north (where Providence Road meets I-485), this busy shopping area features a wide range of shopping options from Home Depot and Steinmart to Jos. A. Bank and LOFT.
- SouthPark – For a more upscale shopping experience, this popular shopping mall is less than a half-hour’s drive from Millbridge, offering more than 150 stores including Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Tiffany & Co. and more.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- The Stuffed Olive – Not only is this popular Waxhaw hotspot known for its fine Italian fare, it’s also known for live music, karaoke and dancing on the weekends and late into the evening.
- The Hunter Farm – Located in nearby Weddington, this historic farm offers fun for the family all year round, from strawberry picking in the spring to fall pumpkins and hayrides to Christmas festivities.
- The Golf Club at Ballantyne – Adjacent to the luxurious Ballantyne Hotel, this public 18-hole championship course offers tee times year-round.
Real Estate Information
The Millbridge neighborhood consists of single family homes, mainly built within the last 10 years, averaging 3-5 bedrooms and ranging from the high-$200s to near $500,000.
Homes for Sale in Millbridge
No Listings Found.
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2019 CarolinaMLS