Welcome to Marvin Creek
Contact a Marvin Creek Neighborhood Expert Today
Located at the intersection of Tom Short and Rea Roads in the quiet Village of Marvin, the subdivision of Marvin Creek invites its residents to enjoy the best of suburban living south of Charlotte, NC, with luxurious, stately homes built on sprawling lots in a parklike setting, centered around a community clubhouse with plenty of amenities. Convenient to several nearby towns, and less than a half-hour’s drive from downtown Charlotte, there are an abundance of reasons why so many home buyers choose Marvin Creek to be their new home. Welcome to Marvin Creek.
Marvin Creek is a newer planned community, and the Village of Marvin itself was incorporated just over 10 years ago. However, the area itself is rich in history, settled by American colonists as early as the mid-1700s. This area remained largely an agricultural community until the railroad came through nearby Waxhaw in the late 1800s, at which point textile mills began springing up to process the cotton grown on local farms. While nearby Charlotte has continued its urban sprawl over the years, Marvin and Waxhaw today continue to preserve their rural charm and small-town feel, with historic downtown Waxhaw being listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Population: 6110 (Marvin)
- Neighborhood features newer homes, swimming pools, a lazy river, tennis courts, playgrounds and more
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located 6 miles south of the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 23 miles south of downtown Charlotte
There is plenty to enjoy within the Marvin Creek subdivision itself, including pools for adults and children, a lazy river, playground areas and sports courts. The nearby village of Marvin host plenty of green space, including Marvin Efird Park and a growing network of walking trails, while historic downtown Waxhaw offers antique shops and fine restaurants about 9 miles to the southeast. A short drive north to I-485 gives you access to many other popular Charlotte attractions.
- 131 Main – Located in the Blakeney shopping area, this highly rated establishment features New American fare, craft beers and reserve wines in a pleasant upscale-casual setting.
- 18 Asian & Sushi Bar – Also located near Blakeney, this popular sushi bar offers delectable Asian fare and sushi and upscale ambience, for modest prices.
- Rippington’s Restaurant – A short drive to historic downtown Waxhaw brings you to this local favorite, offering a diverse menu for fair prices.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airport is located approximately 30 miles from Millbridge via the I-485 Inner Loop.
- Major Roads and Interstates – The southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway) is located about 6 miles north of Marvin Creek, accessible via Rea Road.
- Blakeney– Situated a few miles north of Marvin Creek along Rea Road, this busy shopping destination hosts a variety of shops ranging from major anchor stores like Target and Old Navy to boutiques like Francescas, L.A. East and Talbots.
- StoneCrest at Piper Glen – A few miles further up Rea Road (at the junction of I-485), you’ll find even more shopping options at this popular stop, including Target, ULTA, Chico’s, Claire’s, and even a Harris Teeter Food Market.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- The Stuffed Olive – Located in Waxhaw, this local hangout is a great Italian restaurant for lunch and dinner, but on the weekend evenings it becomes a great hotspot for live music, dancing and karaoke.
- The Hunter Farm – Located in nearby Weddington, this historic farm offers fun for the family all year round, from strawberry picking in the spring to fall pumpkins and hayrides to Christmas festivities.
- Symphony Park at SouthPark – A short drive to the north takes you to SouthPark Mall and the popular outdoor venue known as Symphony Park, which hosts numerous events and festivals in the warmer months, including the Summer Pops series by the Charlotte Symphony.
Real Estate Information
Marvin Creek is a newer planned community built by Toll Brothers, consisting of spacious luxury homes built on large lots, ranging in price between the low $600s to near $1 million.
- Marvin Creek
Homes for Sale in Marvin Creek
Subdivision: Marvin CreekView Details
Subdivision: Marvin CreekView Details
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2018 CarolinaMLS