Welcome to Longview
Contact a Longview Neighborhood Expert Today
A quiet, luxurious gated country club community with custom homes and estates, some of which overlook the only Jack Nicklaus signature course in the Metropolitan Charlotte area. Combine that with award-winning schools, lower taxes, and an extensive selection of shopping and dining experiences. Welcome to Longview.
Located in Waxhaw in Union County, the Longview community is just under 20 miles from Uptown Charlotte and only a few minutes from Interstate 485. This means residents have two very different ways of life right at their fingertips.
On one hand, you have the bustling city with its unlimited work opportunities, ranging from small startups to Fortune 500 companies. You have professional sports teams, museums, concert venues, and one of the busiest airports in the country just minutes away.
On the other, you have the quiet, laid-back life of the suburbs. Union County has a reputation for its great schools, low tax rates, and community-oriented events like the 4th of July parade. Head in any direction, and you will find shopping and dining options galore, from big box stores with recognizable names to independent local restaurants that serve international cuisine. The Club at Longview provides residents with even more ways to spend a sunny weekend afternoon. Or when you want to get away from it all, you can head across Interstate 77 to Lake Wylie for a weekend of boating, swimming, and fishing.
Charlotte’s history dates back to its founding in 1768 when it was named for Queen Charlotte of England, the wife of King George III. Throughout the years, it became the site of the first gold rush, a major agricultural center, a top textile hub, and eventually, one of the world’s top banking centers.
The land that is now Longview was once part of a 500-acre dairy farm. As a matter of fact, German and Scots-Irish immigrants settled Waxhaw around the same time as Charlotte. By 1888, the railroad began running through the center of town. Along with the development of cotton mill factories, the area became prosperous due to its textile manufacturing capabilities and access to Atlanta.
- Population: 11,300 (Waxhaw, NC)
- Students living in Longview will attend Union County Public Schools, including Marvin Ridge High School, which has one of the highest graduation rates in North Carolina. It is also a North Carolina Honor School of Excellence.
- Nearby private schools include Arborbrook Christian Academy, Omni Montessori School, and Charlotte Country Day School.
- Both Wingate University and South Piedmont Community College have campuses in Union County.
- The Waxhaw area played a major role in United States history. The discovery of gold was near the city limits, and legend has it that Andrew Jackson was born nearby.
- Longview is about 7 miles from Carolinas Healthcare System Waxhaw, a small hospital that offers a full-service 24-hour ER, physician practices, advanced diagnostic imaging, lab services, and a community room. Carolinas Medical Center, one of the top hospitals in the country, is 15 miles north of the neighborhood.
- Many notable people in history were either born or lived in the Charlotte area during their lifetimes. They include Presidents Andrew Jackson and James K. Polk, author Carson McCullers, movie star Randolph Scott, evangelist Billy Graham, and reporter and author Charles Kuralt.
If you love to dine out and shop until you drop, Longview is the right place for you. Its surrounding area is home to dozens of restaurants, ranging from international cuisine to good old-fashioned Southern cooking. There are also a number of shopping centers in the area. The neighborhood itself surrounds a beautiful golf course and country club, and Lake Wylie is a popular destination that is just minutes away. Most of Charlotte’s top entertainment venues are within a 30-minute drive.
- Spice South – Longview is just minutes from one of Charlotte’s favorite Indian restaurants, Spice South. A popular takeout spot, the eatery offers online ordering and delivery of its delicious dishes. From classics like tandoori chicken to unique lamb or goat dishes cooked in a signature masalas, you will want to try one of everything once you take a look at the extensive menu.
- Ilios Noche – For Mediterranean cuisine, you cannot beat Ilios Noche in the Rea Village shopping center on Providence Road. Dine or enjoy your meal on the patio on a beautiful Carolina day. There is also a bar and occasionally, live music. Some favorite dishes on the menu include pizzas, pastas, and entrees like lamb chops, pan-seared Atlantic flounder, and a 12-ounce New York strip steak. Adults can choose from an extensive selection of drinks, including signature martinis and cocktails.
- 131 Main – 131 Main is one of the most popular restaurants in Charlotte, and it has two locations in the city, as well as one at nearby Lake Norman and one in Asheville. Why is it in such high demand? Well, that is pretty simple, combine fresh food with a laid-back friendly atmosphere that is as suitable for a business lunch as it is a family dinner. Popular dishes include Maryland style crab cakes, barrel cut filet mignon, Southern shrimp and grits, and braised lamb shank.
- Bravo! Cucina Italiana – When you are in the mood for Italian food, you do not have to travel far to have dinner, lunch, or brunch at Bravo! The eatery makes authentic Italian dishes like eggplant parmesan, chicken scaloppini, and grilled tilapia. You will also find an assortment of grilled proteins, pasta dishes, and pizzas, as well as gluten-free options and an extensive wine list.
- 18 Asian & Sushi Bar – Rounding out the selection of international cuisine in the areas near Longview is the popular 18 Asian & Sushi Bar. Competitive prices and a warm and inviting atmosphere will entice you to give it a try, but the menu will make you a regular. Asian tapas, rice and noodle bowls, and numerous sushi rolls are some local favorites.
- Airports – Longview is just about 25 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. The busy airport offers service to 159 nonstop destinations and handles 713 departures daily as of summer 2015.
- Public Transportation – While the Charlotte Area Transit System does not provide bus service directly to the Longview area, there is a park and ride space just north of the community at Saint Matthew Catholic Church.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Longview is just a few minutes south of Interstate 485 which forms a circle around the Charlotte area and can have you at any local work or play destination in minutes. Interstate 77 is less than 30 minutes away. Major roads near Longview are Rea and Ardrey Kell Roads which intersect near the neighborhood.
- Blakeney – Longview is just a minute or two from the popular Blakeney shopping center which is part of a 270-acre mixed-use development. Here you will find dozens of stores, restaurants, and services, including Target, Talbots, Victoria’s Secret, White House Black Market, Loft, CVS, Harris Teeter, Banana Republic, J. Jill, Bath & Body Works, PetSmart, Best Buy, Home Goods, Marshalls, and Jos. A. Bank.
- Stonecrest at Piper Glen – Another popular shopping destination nearby is Stonecrest at Piper Glen. It has dozens of stores and restaurants and even a movie theater. Some popular stores here are Target, Harris Teeter, Ulta Beauty, Michael’s, Chico’s, Dean & DeLuca, GameStop, fab’rik, and Mattress Firm.
- Promenade on Providence – For even more shopping fun, head just across Interstate 485 to Promenade on Providence. Stores here include Ann Taylor Loft, Jos. A Bank, Stein Mart, the Posh Closet, CVS, The Fresh Market, Pier 1 Imports, Kirkland’s, Home Depot, Staples, and Golf Galaxy.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen Stadium 22 & IMAX – The Stonecrest shopping center is home to a 22-screen theater that shows the latest blockbusters out of Hollywood. It also has an IMAX screen.
- The Club at Longview – One of the most exciting entertainment options at Longview is the community’s very own golf and country club. The Club at Longview is home to a 28,000 square foot clubhouse, a large fitness facility, a lap pool, a family pool, tennis courts, youth lodge with movie theater, and more. Of course, it is also home to the only Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course in Charlotte, and hosts social events throughout the year.
- Lake Wylie – Longview is less than 25 miles from Lake Wylie, a 13,400-acre lake along the North and South Carolina border. With over 325 miles of shoreline, it is a popular spot for hiking, fishing, boating, swimming, water sports, and camping.
- Carowinds – Longview is just under 15 miles from North Carolina’s favorite amusement park. Carowinds is home to thrill rides, family rides, a water park, restaurants, live entertainment, a Dinosaurs Alive exhibit, and Planet Snoopy.
- Colonel Francis Beatty Park – There are several parks in the Charlotte area, but one of the largest and most popular is just a few miles from Longview. The 265-acre Colonel Francis Beatty park is home to basketball courts, tennis courts, softball fields, soccer fields, horseshoe pits, picnic shelters, picnic tables with grills, walking trails, mountain biking trails, playgrounds, a conference center, and a lake where you fish, kayak, and canoe.
Real Estate Information
Longview is home to some of the Charlotte area’s most luxurious custom homes, most of which were built throughout the 2000s and 2010s and fall anywhere between $600,000 and $4 million. You will find some cottage style houses in the community, as well as several sprawling estates and manors that look as if they were meant to be in the English countryside. As a matter of fact, the picturesque community has the feel of a quaint European village with its beautiful homes, rolling hills, creeks, and picturesque setting. The front gate is staffed 24 hours a day for extra privacy and security.
- The Enclave at Longview
Homes for Sale in Longview
Subdivision: LongviewView Details
Subdivision: LongviewView Details
Subdivision: LongviewView Details
Subdivision: LongviewView Details
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2019 CarolinaMLS