Welcome to Kingsmead
Contact a Kingsmead Neighborhood Expert Today
Situated just off Rea Road near the communities of Waxhaw, Marvin and Weddington, the inviting subdivision of Kingsmead offers the finest in south Charlotte suburban living, featuring sprawling custom homes on large lots surrounded by acres of green space. With plenty of neighborhood amenities, excellent schools, low Union County tax rates and easy access to the rest of Charlotte, it’s difficult to find a reason not to want to live in Kingsmead. Welcome to Kingsmead.
Kingsmead is a newer subdivision with homes built in the last ten years, about the same time the nearby Village of Marvin was incorporated—but the history of this community actually has its roots in pre-Revolutionary War times, when colonists first began settling the area in the mid-1700s. Mainly an agricultural area until the late 1800s, the Marvin-Waxhaw region experienced a financial boon when the railroad came through, with textile mills springing up to process the cotton grown on the surrounding farms. Today, as nearby Charlotte continues to grow and expand, this area maintains its rural charm and country flavor, making it one of the most coveted suburban areas south of I-485.
- Population: 6110 (Marvin)
- Neighborhood features approximately 92 custom homes with clubhouse, tennis courts, 2 pools, waterslide, walking trails and over 90 acres of green space
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located 5.5 miles south of the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 23 miles south of downtown Charlotte
Within the Kingsmead subdivision itself, residents enjoy two swimming pools (one with a slide), playground areas, tennis courts, basketball courts, walking trails, a fishing pond and a community clubhouse. More park space and walking trails can be found in nearby Marvin, while a short drive into Waxhaw brings you to the historic downtown, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- 131 Main – A few miles up Rea Road in the Blakeney shopping area, this upscale New American restaurant offers great entrees, craft beers, reserve wines and plenty of atmosphere.
- 18 Asian & Sushi Bar – For excellent sushi and Asian fare, this popular spot in Blakeney offers an upscale vibe without the upscale prices.
- Rippington’s Restaurant – A local favorite, Rippington’s in historic downtown Waxhaw features a diverse menu of great food at moderate prices.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a major air facility located approximately 23 miles from Kingsmead via the I-485 Inner Loop.
- Major Roads and Interstates – The southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway) is located about 5.5 miles north of the Kingsmead neighborhood via Rea Road.
- Local Shops – In nearby Weddington about 2.5 miles northeast, Weddington Corners offers a Harris Teeter food market and several local and chain dining establishments. In the other direction along Rea Road lies a small shopping area with Starbucks, Kohl’s and Mattress Firm.
- Blakeney– A few miles up Rea Road, the popular Blakeney shopping area offers larger retailers like Target and Marshall’s alongside popular stores like Old Navy, Talbots and New York & Co.
- StoneCrest at Piper Glen – Drive a bit further north along Rea road toward I-485, and you’ll arrive at this major shopping destination featuring a wide variety of retailers and boutique shops.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- The Stuffed Olive – Located in nearby Waxhaw, this popular destination is more than just a great Italian restaurant—on the weekend nights, it turns into a hotspot for live music, karaoke and dancing.
- The Hunter Farm – A couple of miles away in nearby Weddington, you’ll find this historic farm which offers fun family events throughout the year, including strawberry picking in the spring, a pumpkin patch and hayrides in October, and festive holiday events, as well.
- Regal Cinemas StoneCrest at Piper Glen 22 – For a wide variety of first-run movies (including IMAX), be sure to check out this theater complex in the StoneCrest shopping area.
Real Estate Information
Kingsmead consists of newer luxury homes built in 2005 or later, built on lots of approximately 0.4 acres, generally ranging between 4000 and 6000 square feet, and ranging in price between the high $600s to near $1 million.
Homes for Sale in Kingsmead
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2020 CarolinaMLS