Welcome to Hunter Oaks
Contact a Hunter Oaks Neighborhood Expert Today
Located just off Rea Road near Marvin, the delightful Hunter Oaks subdivision beckons you home, with lighted sidewalks along tree-lined streets, a community clubhouse, two swimming pool complexes, tennis courts and more. This community of nearly 1000 homes offers low Union County tax rates, excellent schools and easy access to the excellent shopping and dining of south Charlotte—not to mention spacious homes at affordable prices. Welcome to Hunter Oaks.
The Hunter Oaks neighborhood was first developed in the mid-1990s, right around the time that the nearby Village of Marvin was incorporated. However, the history of this land goes back much further, to colonial days when nearby Waxhaw was first settled before the Revolutionary War. This area remained largely agricultural for many years until the railroad came through in the late 1800s, prompting a rise in industry with the advent of numerous textile factories to process the cotton grown on nearby farms. While today the Marvin-Waxhaw area is considered part of the Charlotte suburbs, this area continues to preserve its serene rural charm of yesteryear, with historic downtown Waxhaw being listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Population: 6110 (Marvin)
- Neighborhood features nearly 1000 homes, two pool complexes, tennis courts and clubhouse
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located 5 miles south of the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 21 miles south of downtown Charlotte
There is, of course, plenty to enjoy within the Hunter Oaks subdivision itself, with two community pools, a clubhouse and a strong HOA with events planned year round. Nearby Marvin offers plenty of green space with a developing network of walking trails, while a few miles to the south, downtown Marvin is known for its antique stores, local eateries and historic buildings. A short drive north along Rea Road brings you to several shopping areas before connecting with Interstate-485, giving easy access to all the great attractions of Charlotte itself.
- 131 Main – About 2.5 miles north along Rea Road, you’ll find this popular upscale eatery in the Blakeney shopping area, featuring craft beers, reserve wines and fabulous New American fare.
- Newk’s Eatery – Also found in Blakeney, this small but highly-rated establishment offers an excellent selection of pizza’s, sandwiches, soups and pastas.
- Rippington’s Restaurant – A few miles south in historic downtown Waxhaw, be sure to visit this local favorite offering a wide selection of menu items at moderate prices.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a major air facility located approximately 23 miles from Hunter Oaks via Rea Road and the I-485 Inner Loop.
- Major Roads and Interstates – The southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway) is accessible about 5 miles north of Hunter Oaks via Rea Road.
- Blakeney– Drive about two-and-a-half miles north along Rea Road to find this busy shopping complex featuring popular stores like Target, Marshalls, Talbots, Victoria’s Secret and many others.
- StoneCrest at Piper Glen – A little further north along Rea Road brings you to StoneCrest at Piper Glen, with shopping options that include Michael’s ULTA, Chico’s, Home Depot and lots of others.
- SouthPark – For a more upscale shopping experience, drive about a half-hour north into Charlotte to visit SouthPark Mall, home to Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and about 150 other great stores.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- The Stuffed Olive – A popular Italian restaurant during the week, The Stuffed Olive in historic Waxhaw becomes a hopping weekend nightspot with dancing, live music and karaoke.
- The Hunter Farm – With strawberry picking in May, hayrides and pumpkins in October and Christmas festivities, this historic farm in nearby Weddington offers year-round fun for the whole family.
- Regal Cinemas StoneCrest at Piper Glen 22 – Visit this busy theater complex at StoneCrest at Piper Glen to see first-run movies in comfortable, state-of-the-art theaters
Real Estate Information
Hunter Oaks is a planned subdivision with spacious traditional homes built in 1995 and later. Most homes in the complex range from the $300s to the $500s, while the small luxury section of Kingsmead offers homes from the high $600s to nearly $1 million.
- Hunter Oaks
Homes for Sale in Hunter Oaks
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2018 CarolinaMLS