Welcome to Heydon Hall
Contact a Heydon Hall Neighborhood Expert Today
A quiet, gated community that feels more like a tucked away European village than a sought-after neighborhood that is 8 miles from the heart of one of the fastest growing cities in the country. Winding tree-lined streets, old-world fixtures, and immaculate homes. Welcome to Heydon Hall.
Built in 2002, Heydon Hall is one of Charlotte’s most private and peaceful communities. It is minutes from Uptown Charlotte, the airport, the headquarters of Fortune 500 companies, and some of the city’s top dining and shopping destinations. The nationally-recognized Quail Hollow Country Club sits right next to Heydon Hall, and some of the city’s tops schools are practically within walking distance. Beyond the neighborhood’s distinguished gates are churches, neighborhood parks, and some of the city’s most popular attractions.
Heydon Hall may date back to 2002, but the city of Charlotte’s history goes back much further to its founding in 1768. Named for Queen Charlotte, the wife of King George III, the city first earned notoriety in 1799 when gold was discovered in the area. People flocked to the city but they did not stick around long before heading off to California for more gold opportunities. In the meantime, the settlers who stuck around became tobacco and cotton farmers, and once railroads began passing through Charlotte, it became a major cotton processing center and textile industry hub. This set the pace for the city’s future.
Today, Charlotte is one of the largest business centers in the world. Only New York City has a larger finance and banking industry, and each year, more and more people are moving here to take advantage of the city’s jobs, inviting homes, top educational opportunities, and exciting entrainment and culture.
- Population: 115
- Public school students in Heydon Hall will attend Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. The elementary, middle, and high schools assigned to the area all sit just outside the community’s entrance.
- Nearby private schools include Charlotte Country Day School, Manus Academy, Charlotte Catholic High School, and Anami Montessori School.
- Quail Hollow is just over 7 miles from Carolina Medical Center.
- It is also in close proximity to the headquarters for several Fortune 500 companies. Some of the companies that make Charlotte their home base are Lowe’s, Bank of America, Family Dollar Stores, Duke Energy, and Nucor.
- Charlotte has a reputation for being the home of NASCAR, and that reputation dates back to 1924. That is when the Charlotte Speedway opened just south of the city. Over 50,000 people came to watch the race.
- In 2017, the nearby Quail Hollow Country Club will host the PGA Championship, as well as the Presidents Cup in 2021.
Heydon Hall is just about 8 miles from Uptown Charlotte, which means unlimited opportunities for fun and entertainment, ranging from professional sports and concerts to museums and plays. However, there is plenty to do a little closer to home, too. Several country clubs, including the prestigious Quail Hollow, are just minutes from Heydon Hall. You will also find several shops, restaurants, and parks throughout the entire South Charlotte area. The state’s most popular amusement park is just a few minutes away as well.
- Rusty’s Deli & Grille – Rusty’s Deli & Grille is a South Charlotte staple and a popular spot for Heydon Hall residents to grab a bite to eat on the way home from work. Since 1983, it has been serving up deli sandwiches, burgers, soups, salads, and more. It even has vegetarian options such as a veggie pita sandwich and black bean burger.
- Wolfman Pizza – Another nearby restaurant that is great for those busy nights when you do not feel like cooking is Wolfman Pizza. Its menu features dishes like paninis, subs, pastas, vegetarian dishes, and, of course, pizza. You can order online for quick service.
- FABO Coffee Art Bar – FABO is part coffee shop and bakery, part art gallery and live music venue, and it is just a couple of minutes away from Heydon Hall. You will find freshly brewed coffee and espresso, as well as fresh muffins, scones, cookies, croissants, and lemon bars. Smoothies, beers, wine, and tapas are also available. You can even take evening art classes here.
- Umai Sushi & Asian Bistro – Umai Sushi & Asian Bistro is another nearby place that is an excellent for takeout. On the extensive menu, you will find appetizers, soups, sushi, salads, noodle dishes, hibachi & teriyaki dinners, and more.
- The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar – For a different take on sushi, you can visit one of the SouthPark Mall area’s most popular restaurants: The Cowfish Sushi & Burger Bar. Part sushi bar, part burger joint, it is one of the hottest eateries in Charlotte. The casual atmosphere is as welcoming as the friendly service. There is even a fascinating aquarium with cowfish inside the building.
- Airports – Heydon Hall is just under 13 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. As of 2015, it offer 713 daily departures, as well as nonstop service to 159 destinations.
- Public Transportation – Bus service is available via the Charlotte Area Transportation System (CATS) along nearby Park Road.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Heydon Hall is just minutes from Interstates 485 and 77. Park Road is closest major roadway to the community.
- Quail Corners Shopping Center – The Quail Corners Shopping Center is just a few minutes from the entrance to Heydon Hall. It is a small shopping center with stores, services, and restaurants that residents love. They include Harris Teeter, Rite Aid, TCBY, UPS Store, Flour Power Kids Cooking Studio, FABO Coffee Art Bar, and Rusty’s Deli & Grille.
- SouthPark Mall – Heydon Hall is about 4 miles from one of the Carolinas’ top shopping destinations. SouthPark is an upscale mall with over 150 stores like Apple, American Girl, Nordstrom, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Hermes, Sephora, Tiffany & Co, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, H&M, and more.
- Carolina Pavilion Shopping Center – The community is just a few minutes from Carolina Pavilion Shopping Center. Stores here include Target, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft, hhgregg, PetSmart, Value City Furniture, Kohl’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ross, Carter’s, World Market, Babies R Us, Old Navy, and Nordstrom Rack.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- AMC Carolina Pavilion 22 – After a day of shopping and dining at the Carolina Pavilion Shopping Center, you can take in a movie at the AMC Carolina Pavilion 22 theater. With 22 movie screens showing the latest films out of Hollywood, the theater features reclining seats, an expanded menu, and Coca-Cola freestyle.
- Quail Hollow Country Club – Heydon Hall sits just next to the Quail Hollow Country Club, a private golf and country club facility. The par 72 course with a 74.9 rating was built in 1959 and hosts the annual Wells Fargo Championship.
- Carowinds – The community is just 8 miles from the top amusement park in North Carolina. Carowinds is home to thrill rides, a water park, live shows, dining, and so much more. It is a great place for a day of family fun.
- Flour Power Kids Cooking Studios – From preschoolers to teenagers, if you have any young aspiring chefs on your hands, they will love the Flour Power Kids Cooking Studios. Classes and camps are available throughout the year, and you can even have your birthday party there. Kids Night Out and etiquette classes are also available.
- Huntingtowne Farms Park – There are numerous community parks in South Charlotte, but one of the closest ones to Heydon Hall is Huntingtowne Farms. Here you will find a basketball court, multi-purpose field, outdoor shelter, 2 tennis courts, a playground, a community garden, a ball field, and a creek on over 23 acres.
Real Estate Information
Homes in Heydon Hall typically start around $750,000 and range up to $2 million. Constructed by the award-winning Simonini Builders, the planned community sits on 55 acres. A grand wrought-iron gate and beautiful fountain welcome you home each day. Large, regal and mostly brick European, Colonial, and traditional-style homes line the streets, and they average around 4,000 square feet. Each home in the luxury neighborhood is unique, and some have been featured in architectural and design magazines. You will find features like swimming pools, circular driveways, open floor plans, top-of-the-line appliances, and outdoor living spaces.
Homes for Sale in Heydon Hall
No Listings Found.
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2019 CarolinaMLS