Welcome to Giverny
Contact a Giverny Neighborhood Expert Today
It is a small, quiet neighborhood with quality custom homes that sit along peaceful ponds, babbling brooks, and picturesque wooded areas. It is just minutes from the biggest and most popular mall in Charlotte; a quick drive from the airport and Uptown; and practically within walking distance of top schools, churches, and parks. Welcome to Giverny.
Located in the SouthPark area, Giverny is an established, community that is all about location. It sits in the midst of a largely residential area in South Charlotte with a few parks and schools that are practically within walking distance. You will find tree-lined streets, sidewalks, and beautiful landscaping throughout the area where Giverny is located, and these features combined make for a scenic and serene place to call home. Many of the homes sit on larger lots that back up to ponds and creeks, providing residents with the perfect space to try your hand at gardening, build that outdoor living area you have always dreamed out, or just provide the kids with a fun safe place to play.
With all this in mind, you would never know that Giverny is less than 5 minutes from the SouthPark Mall area, which means world-famous shopping and dining opportunities at your fingertips. You would never know that Charlotte Douglas International Airport is just 12 miles away. The business and entertainment opportunities in Uptown Charlotte are just under 7 miles from Giverny. Best of all, when you need a quick weekend getaway, Lake Wylie is less than 20 miles away from the community.
Much of the SouthPark area, including Giverny, was once part of Governor Cameron Morrison’s 3,000-acre farm. Most of the homes in neighborhood were built during the late 1980s and early to mid-1990s at a time when Charlotte began experience the growth that led to it becoming the financial and banking hub that it is today.
Charlotte itself was founded in 1768 and named for Queen Charlotte of England. The city was the site of the first American gold rush, a major agricultural center, and, as railroads began to move in, a popular textile processing area until the banking industry became dominant during the 1970s and 1980s.
- Population: 210
- Students who live in Giverny will attend Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, including Myers Park High School, which is consistently ranked as one of the top 40 high schools in the country by Newsweek.
- There are also a number of prestigious private schools in the area. The community is less than a 5-minute drive from Charlotte Country Day School. Other nearby private schools include Charlotte Latin School, Providence Day School, St. Ann, St. Gabriel, St. Matthew, Holy Trinity Catholic Middle School, and Charlotte Catholic High School.
- Some of Charlotte’s top employers include Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Carolinas Healthcare System, Lowe’s, American Airlines, and Duke Energy.
- The SouthPark area is home to corporate offices for companies like Nucor, Fluor, SunTrust Banks, CSX, Piedmont Natural Gas, and National Gypsum.
- Giverny is about 5 miles from Carolina Medical Center, one of the top hospitals in the country.
- Many people who have helped shaped the nation’s history are from Charlotte and its metropolitan area. Some of them include President James K. Polk, evangelist Billy Graham, President Andrew Jackson, author and reporter Charles Kuralt, and movie star Randolph Scott.
Even though the area surrounding Giverny is mostly residential, you do not have to travel far to have a good time. Shopping and dining are just around the corner, and you can be in Uptown in 20 minutes or less on any given day. There you will find everything from professional sports to museums. If you prefer to spend some time in the great outdoors, you can take a quick drive to the many parks and golf courses in the area or head west towards Lake Wylie for a day or weekend of boating, fishing, and more.
- Georges Brasserie – At Georges Brasserie, you will enjoy food that blends modern flavors with the tradition of the French brasserie. Whether you dine in the main dining room, at the bar, or outside on the patio, you will enjoy the laid-back yet elegant décor and ambience. The raw oyster bar is popular with patrons, as is the extensive assortment of seafood dishes.
- Baoding – Since 1993, Baoding has been one of South Charlotte’s favorite spots for traditional Chinese cuisine infused with modern flavors. On the menu, you will find plenty of seafood, beef, chicken, and even pasta dishes. Dine in after a day of shopping at SouthPark Mall or grab some takeout for dinner on a busy night.
- Rooster’s Wood-fired Kitchen – At Rooster’s, where the food comes from is just as important as how it tastes. You will find self-described “simple” dishes on the menu, made mostly from local and fresh ingredients. The chef uses both modern and old-world European cooking techniques and takes great pride in presenting each dish with care. With every bite, you will taste just how much effort went into your meal.
- The Cowfish Sushi & Burger Bar – Sushi and burgers do not usually go together, but at The Cowfish Sushi & Burger Bar, those rules change the minute you walk in the door. The unique concept has quickly turned this eatery into one of the trendiest dining spots in Charlotte. On the menu, you will find an extensive selection of sushi rolls, burgers, and meals that combine them both, as well as more drinks than you could ever imagine, ranging from milkshakes to sake.
- Upstream – Charlotte is just a few hours from the coast, but when you dine on the fresh seafood at Upstream, you will feel as if you are right there with the sea breeze blowing through your hair. From sushi to salads, you will immediately see — or taste — why Esquire named this restaurant one of the best in the United States.
- Airports – Giverny is approximately 12 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. The bustling airport handles over 713 daily departures, as well as nonstop service to over 159 destinations.
- Public Transportation – The Charlotte Area Transit System provides bus service to several locations along Carmel Road, which is just south of Giverny.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Colony Road is the closest major road to Giverny, and it runs right through the center of the neighborhood. Interstates 485, 85, and 77 are all within a 20- to 30-minute drive.
- SouthPark Mall – SouthPark Mall is the biggest mall in North Carolina and one of the most profitable in the United States. It is home to many upscale designer boutiques, as well as popular stores and anchors. They include, Apple, American Girl, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Burberry, Belk, Armani, Hermes, Coach, Crate & Barrel, Neiman Marcus, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Sephora, and Pottery Barn.
- Phillips Place – Just across from SouthPark Mall is the newer but equally upscale shopping destination: Phillips Place. In addition to theater and several restaurants, it is home to stores like Brooks Brothers, Restoration Hardware, Paper Source, and Eileen Fisher.
- Whole Foods – For groceries, Giverny residents are just a few minutes from Whole Foods, which is right next to Phillips Place. Several other small stores and restaurants are located in and around the shopping center.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Lake Wylie – Lake Wylie is less than 20 minutes from Giverny. The 13,400-acre lake sits along the border of North and South Carolina and features over 325 miles of shoreline. It is a popular spot for boating, swimming, fishing, camping, picnicking, hiking, and water sports.
- Regal Phillips Place Stadium 10 – When you are in the mood for a movie, Regal Phillips Place Stadium 10 is just a few minutes from Giverny. It always shows the latest movies out of Hollywood, and it is right next to unlimited shopping and dining opportunities at Phillips Place and SouthPark Mall.
- Carmel Road Park – There are several parks throughout South Charlotte, but Carmel Road Park is practically within walking distance of Giverny. The 10-acre park has 2 multi-purpose fields, a softball field, a basketball court, 2 tennis courts, a picnic shelter, and a playground.
- Carowinds – North Carolina’s most popular amusement park is just about 10 miles away from Giverny. From thrill rides and family rides to the water park and live entertainment, there is so much to do here that you will definitely have to visit more than once every season.
- Time Warner Cable Arena – There are so many things to see and do in Uptown Charlotte, and Time Warner Cable Arena is a prime example of all the heart of the city has to offer. Catch the Charlotte Hornets and Charlotte Checkers, as well as world-famous concert tours, Broadway musicals, and other events.
Real Estate Information
There are just under 100 homes in Giverny, and each one is unique. Notable Charlotte builders like Tom Dorsett and Herring Homes built the mostly two-story traditional brick and stucco houses during the late 1980s and the 1990s. Homes in the community typically sit on at least half an acre and feature beautiful landscaping with mature trees. Many have swimming pools as well as access to the ponds and creeks that sit within the neighborhood’s boundaries. Most homes fall somewhere between $500,000 and $1 million.
Homes for Sale in Giverny
Subdivision: GivernyView Details
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2017 CarolinaMLS