Welcome to Foxcroft
Contact a Foxcroft Neighborhood Expert Today
Nestled between Sharon Lane and Fairview Road just below Myers Park, the neighborhood of Foxcroft is known for its winding, tree-lined streets, sprawling manicured lots and large, stately homes. Conveniently located just moments from the shopping and dining options of SouthPark Mall and Phillips Place, this upscale community offers its residents the perfect blend of in-town convenience, suburban serenity and overall quality of life, making it easily one of Charlotte’s most coveted neighborhoods.
The Foxcroft neighborhood was first developed as an upscale residential subdivision in the 1940s, and in the years since, many of the original historic homes have been updated while retaining their original stately charm. SouthPark Mall was built along the western edge of Foxcroft in 1970, bringing with it a surge of popularity as an alternative to driving uptown. Today, the SouthPark area not only hosts the largest shopping district in Charlotte, but also a bustling business/residential community. Even so, Foxcroft’s Homeowners Association continues to preserve the neighborhood’s tradition as a quiet family neighborhood.
- Population: 16,549 (SouthPark, Foxcroft and Morrocroft)
- Neighborhood features large wooded lots and a blend of historic and recently-built homes
- Zoned within Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
- Located 6 miles south of the Charlotte Loop (I-485) and approximately that same distance from downtown Charlotte
Foxcroft is partially located within SouthPark, which boasts some of the finest shopping and dining destinations in the Southeastern United States. It’s also just a few miles south of Uptown Charlotte, where you’ll find a variety or restaurants, entertainment and major event venues for concerts and sports
- Barringtons Restaurant – Consistently topping the Charlotte’s “best of” lists, this upscale establishment is melding of fresh Southern ingredients and northeastern cuisine.
- Rooster’s Wood-Fired Kitchen – Farm-fresh small plates that offer a mix of European and Southern influences.
- Foxcroft Wine Co. – After opening in 2004, this elegant establishment expanded in 2006 to feature a full-service kitchen with extended hours for patrons seeking the quintessential wine bar experience. Today, Foxcroft Wine Co. offers fresh, farm-to-table eats alongside coveted vintages.
- The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar – Burgers and sushi do not usually go together…unless you live in Charlotte. The Cowfish is a local favorite eatery that successfully fuses the two classic dishes and serves it all in a modern, vibrant atmosphere. People come from all over town to eat at the restaurant located at SouthPark Mall.
- Baku – This chic Japanese eatery serves up fresh sushi, Yakitori skewers, and Robata barbecue within an open kitchen-style dining space.
- Upstream – Enjoy fresh seafood from the eatery’s award-winning Pacific Rim menu. When it opened, Esquire named it one of the best new restaurants in the United States.
- Airports– Charlotte Douglas International Airport is located approximately 13 miles from the Foxcroft neighborhood via the Billy Graham Parkway.
- Mass Transit – Foxcroft is served by the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS). SouthPark Mall includes a major CATS hub for 6 bus lines to and from other parts of Charlotte, serving also as a transfer point along the Lynx Blue Line light rail system.
- SouthPark Mall– Located on the western edge of Foxcroft, SouthPark Mall is one of the largest shopping destinations in North Carolina. The mall itself is home to more than 150 retailers.
- Phillips Place – Located along Fairview Road adjacent to SouthPark Mall, Phillips Place is an upscale outdoor shopping center designed “main street” style with a variety of excellent shops and restaurants.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Foxcroft Hills Swim & Racquet Club – Foxcroft Hills is one of Charlotte’s oldest and finest neighborhood swim and racquet clubs. The club is located on 13 private acres in the heart of Foxcroft and offers members five lighted state of the art hard tennis courts that are maintained to the highest standards, a seven lane 25 meter pool with diving well, and a baby pool for the little ones.
- Regal Place Stadium 10 – The theater at Phillip’s Place features 10 digital screens that show all the latest movies. It even offers 3D and all movies take advantage of a state-of-the-art sound system.
- Carowinds – Charlotte’s favorite amusement park is just 12 miles southwest of Foxcroft. Carowinds features thrill rides, family rides, Planet Snoopy, a water park, live shows, and a Dinosaurs Alive exhibit.
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden – Nature lovers can head about 25 miles west to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden in nearby Belmont, North Carolina. Nature trails guide visitors throughout the many gardens and exhibits, and there is always something in bloom year-round.
Real Estate Information
Foxcroft consists mainly of larger single-family homes, ranging from historic classic Georgian and French Provincial styles to modern new constructions. The majority of available homes are somewhere in the $1M-$3M range, with prices ranging up to $6M on the high end.
Homes for Sale in Foxcroft
No Listings Found.
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2019 CarolinaMLS