Welcome to Highgrove
Contact a Highgrove Neighborhood Expert Today
A gorgeous luxury community with elegant homes, ample amenities, and more. Schools within walking distance, shopping and dining just minutes away, and proximity to Charlotte’s major roadways, businesses, and attractions. Welcome to Highgrove.
There are many things that set Highgrove apart from some of the other neighborhoods in the area, but its beautiful homes are definitely high on the list. You will not find streets lined with cookie-cutter houses here. Instead, you will find an assortment of gorgeous styles such as Tudor, Georgian, and French Country. Each home sits on a fairly sizable lot with immaculate landscaping, beautiful greenery, and lush lawns. The peaceful neighborhood also includes plenty of tranquil green spaces, as well as luxurious amenities.
The people who live in Highgrove are yet another reason to move here. From holiday parties to fall festivals, there is always something going on in the community for residents of all ages, thanks to the active homeowners association.
While some homes in Highgrove may feel like they are a world away, they are actually right in the middle of all the action. To the north of the neighborhood is the local middle school with the local elementary school and YMCA just above that. To the east is one of the area’s top shopping and dining destinations, and Ardrey Kell High School is to the west. And those are just the places within walking distance. Hop in the car for a quick drive, and you will find endless opportunities, ranging from Charlotte’s top attractions to the city’s top businesses.
The Highgrove neighborhood was built in the 1990s and 2000s, but before that, it was mostly farmland, a throwback to Charlotte’s agricultural past. Incorporated in 1768 and named for Queen Charlotte of England, tobacco and cotton farming was prevalent here for many decades. In 1799, a short-lived gold rush — the first in the nation — caught the area by storm, but that settled down after a few years.
After the Civil War, railroads roared into town, providing residents with access to other cities like Atlanta. At the same time, cotton production and textile manufacturing were on the rise. Thanks to the new transportation systems in place, the city became a major textile distributor — one of the largest in the country.
It wasn’t until the 1970s and 1980s that Charlotte began to grow into the major financial center that it is today. Banks, business, and people moved to Charlotte rapidly, seeking jobs and new opportunities, and today it is also one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
- Population: 1,909
- Students who live in Highgrove will attend top-rated Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools, including Community House Middle School, which is right next door to Highgrove, and Ardrey Kell High School, which is within walking distance.
- Adults living in Highgrove have access to Charlotte’s top employers. Within commuting distance are companies like Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Atrium Health, Novant Health, American Airlines, Harris Teeter, and Duke Energy.
- The weather in the Highgrove area is ideal for anyone who does not enjoy extremes. The average temperature in July is 89 degrees, while the average temperature in January is 58 degrees.
- Highgrove offers residents numerous amenities, including green space and park area, a swimming pool, a clubhouse, a playground, lighted tennis courts, and walking trails.
When it comes to entertainment, Highgrove is in an ideal location. Residents can practically walk next door to Blakeney shopping center, which is home to dozens of stores and restaurants. Hop in the car and drive a few miles in any direction, and you will find even more shopping, dining, and entertainment at places like Stonecrest, Waverly, SouthPark Mall, and Ballantyne Village. Of course, when you want to see an NFL or NBA game, check out a museum, or take advantage of Uptown’s bustling nightlife, you are just 15 miles away. If you prefer to get away from the city and enjoy nature, both Lakes Wylie and Norman are an hour or less away.
- Cast Iron Waffles – Cast Iron Waffles is just minutes from Highgrove, and it is probably one of the most unique eateries in the area. Why? It only serves authentic Belgian Liege waffles. It also serves a number of beverages like various coffee drinks, teas, and smoothies. It has been voted one of the best coffee shops in Charlotte.
- Buffalo Wings & Rings – Everyone needs a family-friendly hangout where they can take the kids for a quick dinner or grab a beer with the guys and watch the big game on the big screen. For Highgrove residents, nearby Buffalo Wings & Rings is that place. It specializes in wings and onion rings but serves other American comfort foods, like burgers, as well.
- 131 Main – Highgrove residents have access to many nice restaurants in the Blakeney shopping center, such as 131 Main. With locations in both Asheville and Charlotte, the focus here is fresh ingredients in elevated dishes like braised lamb shake, North Carolina rainbow trout, and barrel cut filet mignon.
- Cantina 1511 – When you are craving something a little spicy, head up to Stonecrest and go international with delicious Mexican cuisine. With two locations in Charlotte, the sleek, modern eatery has been serving the city since 2004. Start with chips and guacamole and a delicious margarita and follow it up with something wonderful from the menu, like carne asada or Thai chili glazed shrimp tacos.
- 18 Asian Sushi Bar – Craving Sushi? 18 Asian Sushi Bar is just next door in Blakeney. It serves delicious tapas, sushi rolls, rice, noodles, and other Asian fusion cuisines. You can also check out the bar that glows in soothing colors while you enjoy an adult beverage.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airport is approximately 20 miles from Highgrove. One of the busiest airports in the country, it offers nonstop flights to over 150 destinations. It is also a major American Airlines hub.
- Public Transportation – While the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) provides bus service as far south as Interstate 485, it does not quite reach Highgrove. However, residents can take advantage of the Saint Matthew Catholic Church and Promenade Shopping Center Park and Rides, which are just a few miles north of the neighborhood.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Highgrove is located off Community House Road and just 3.5 miles south of Interstate 485, which forms a perimeter around the city of Charlotte. Other nearby major roadways include Rea Road, Ardrey Kell Road, Providence Road, and Ballantyne Commons Parkway.
- Blakeney – Blakeney shopping center is one of the most popular destinations in the Ballantyne area, and it just happens to be right next door to Highgrove. Stores here include Old Navy, Target, Harris Teeter, Bath & Body Works, HomeGoods, Marshall’s, PetSmart, Best Buy, Victoria’s Secret, Banana Republic, Talbots, and White House Black Market. There are also numerous restaurants and services here including Burtons Grill & Bar, Shake Shack, Zoe’s Kitchen, Chopt, TCBY, and Starbucks.
- Waverly – The latest mixed-use development can be found by driving down Ardrey Kell Road. Waverly is the home of Whole Foods, Ulta, Mainstream Boutique, Modern Salon & Spa, Scout & Molly’s and many more. There are so many places to choose from to eat like Carolina Ale House, Chipotle, Chick-fil-A, Foxcroft Wine Co, Ted’s Montana Grill, Starbucks, The Porter’s House, and Viva Chicken.
- SouthPark Mall – For the most upscale shopping experience in the region, Highgrove is just about 8 miles from SouthPark Mall. The mall is home to world-famous brands and stores like Apple, American Girl, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Tory Burch, Kate Spade, Tiffany & Co, Michael Kors, Cole Haan, Burberry, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Dick’s Sporting Goods, H&M, Pottery Barn, and Crate & Barrel.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- If keeping fit is important to your family, there are so many places to visit in the area from CycleBar, Pure Barre, Morrison Family YMCA, Enlighten Yoga, Life Time Athletic, Anytime Fitness and more.
- Foxcroft Wine Co – Waverly – Foxcroft Wine has opened its fourth location in Waverly. Stop in for wine with friends, share a charcuterie board or try one of their signature items including the delicious mussels.
- Golf Club at Ballantyne – The beautiful golf course at the Golf Club at Ballantyne is open to the public and easy to access from Highgrove. Tee times are available 30 days in advance when you register online for this par 31, 6,740-yard course. It also features a driving range, golf pro shop, and putting green.
- Regal Cinemas Stonecrest at Piper Glen 22 & IMAX – There are a few theaters near Highgrove, but the biggest is definitely Regal Cinemas Stonecrest at Piper Glen. It has 22 screens, including an IMAX screen, and it offers a café, stadium seating, and a game room.
Real Estate Information
Of all the neighborhoods in the Ballantyne and South Charlotte areas, Highgrove is certainly a favorite, and much of that has to do with its beautiful homes. You will find an assortment of styles like English Tudor, French Country, English Cottage, and Victorian — they look as if they were plucked from the European countryside. Prices typically start in the high $600,000s and range up to over $1 million. Lots typically start around one-third of an acre and range up to over one half of an acre. The homes were built in the late 1990s and early 2000s, meaning they are established but not yet in need of updating. As a matter of fact, they are all quite exquisitely maintained.
Homes for Sale in Highgrove
Subdivision: HighgroveView Details
Subdivision: HighgroveView Details
Subdivision: HighgroveView Details
Subdivision: HighgroveView Details
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2020 CarolinaMLS