Welcome to Ardrey Crest
Contact an Ardrey Crest Neighborhood Expert Today
A quiet, charming village where the homes exude character, and peace and quiet are the norm. Schools and attractions are a mile or less away, and every part of the city of Charlotte is within reach. Welcome to Ardrey Crest.
In the few years since Ardrey Crest began welcoming people into its lovely homes, it has become known as a quiet neighborhood. While you will find some young residents here who enjoy the proximity to schools and shopping, you will find an even bigger assortment of retirees and busy professionals looking for a peaceful escape. Whether you work in Uptown or just over in the heart of the Ballantyne community, there is nothing like coming home, sitting on the big rocking chair front porch or balcony, and watching the sun set over the Carolinas on a warm day. Ardrey Crest is the perfect place to do that.
The homes here are a little more unique than they are in other parts of the city, with their Charleston-style architecture. You will also find a number of amenities inside the community, as well as outside at places like nearby Blakeney and Stonecrest.
While the homes in Ardrey Crest were built in the last decade, the city of Charlotte’s past goes back much further. The city was incorporated in 1768 and named for Queen Charlotte of England. Shortly after its founding, it played host to the first gold rush in the United States. But the search for gold did not last long, and treasure seekers headed west. Those who remained continued to farm crops like cotton and tobacco.
After playing a role in the Civil War, Charlotte found a new way to prosper. As the railroads roared into town, the city turned to textile production and distribution. It eventually became one of the largest manufacturers of textiles in the country. It was not until the 1970s and 1980s that the city began to mold itself into the finance and banking hub that it is today. As a matter of fact, it is the second-largest financial center in the United States, just behind New York City. Charlotte is also one of the fastest-growing cities and metropolitan areas in the country.
- Population: 354
- Ardrey Crest students will attend Charlotte Mecklenburg Public Schools, all of which are top-rated and within a mile of the neighborhood.
- Residents of Ardrey Crest have many amenities in the community, including a pool, cabana, fire pit, labyrinth park, bocce ball court, and walking trails.
- Residents are within commuting distance of Charlotte’s top employers, such as Atrium Health, Duke Energy, Harris Teeter, Wells Fargo, and Bank of America.
- Ardrey Crest is approximately 7 miles from Atrium Health Pineville and 14 miles from Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center, the top hospital in Charlotte.
- Charlotte’s fairly moderate weather is one reason many people choose to make the city and Ardrey Crest home. The average temperature in July is 89 degrees, while 58 is the average for January.
Ardrey Crest may be tucked away behind other neighborhoods and green spaces, but do not let the privacy fool you. Shopping, dining, and entertainment are all just a mile or two away. From fast food to upscale international cuisine, there are enough restaurants nearby to try a different one every night for a month. Shopping is plentiful with practically every store you can imagine and some you probably didn’t know existed. Golf courses, parks, museums, theme parks, movie theaters, concert halls, and professional sports stadiums are all within a 15-mile radius. There is even a weekend getaway or two within an hour of the neighborhood.
- Flying Biscuit Café – Admit it. There are days when you crave breakfast, and the morning is long gone. That is what Flying Biscuit Café is here for. With locations in a few Southern states, the restaurant serves staples like omelets, French toast, and pancakes. And, of course, you will want to try one of the 5,000 biscuits the restaurant bakes each day.
- 131 Main – Located in nearby Blakeney, 131 Main serves sophisticated New American dishes in a casual, cozy atmosphere. In addition to its extensive wine list, you will find dishes like filet mignon, crab cakes, and shrimp and grits on the menu.
- Basil Thai – Basil Thai has a few locations in the Carolinas, and once you try this one at Stonecrest, you will quickly understand why. No matter the occasion, the friendly service, sleek atmosphere, and delicious refined Thai food will leave you wanting to come back again and again. Soups, salads, noodles, rice, curries, and specialties like Basil Mixed Seafood, Pad Thai, and Crispy Red Curry Duck make up the menu.
- Big View Diner – Big View Diner is like an old-school diner but on a much grander scale. Everything here is big, from the portions to the hospitality. Enjoy a drink at the Big Bar or a dessert from the Big Bakery. The menu is packed with dishes, including comfort foods like chicken pot pie, mac and cheese, and meatloaf.
- Cast Iron Waffles – Cast Iron Waffles is an award-winning restaurant, and once you try its authentic Belgian Liege waffles, you will understand why. Pair one of many options, ranging from plain with powdered sugar to peanut butter cup, with a cup of coffee, tea, or a smoothie. Gluten-free options are also available.
- Airports – Ardrey Crest is approximately 20 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport, which means ease of travel for work and pleasure. The busy airport handles about 675 departures daily and flies nonstop to over 159 destinations.
- Public Transportation – The Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) provides bus service from most of South Charlotte to the Uptown area. While it does not reach as far south as Ardrey Crest, residents can take advantage of the park and ride at the nearby Saint Matthews Catholic Church.
- Major Roads and Intersections– Ardrey Crest is just minutes south of Interstate 485. Other nearby major roadways are Ardrey Kell, Community House, and Rea Roads.
- Blakeney – Nearby Blakeney offers plenty of shopping and dining right in your own backyard. Stores include Target, Harris Teeter, Old Navy, Best Buy, PetSmart, Bath & Body Works, Banana Republic, CVS, Marshall’s, and HomeGoods. Restaurants include Chili’s Grill & Bar, Five Guys Burgers, Brixx Pizza, TCBY, Starbucks, and Zoe’s Kitchen.
- Stonecrest at Piper Glen – Just a few minutes north of Ardrey Crest is another great shopping experience: Stonecrest at Piper Glen. In addition to services and a movie theater, you will find popular restaurants and shops like Michaels, Target, Harris Teeter, GameStop, ULTA, Chick-fil-A, Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, Cantina 1511, Flying Biscuit Café, and Starbucks.
- Waverly – The latest mixed-use development can be found by driving down Ardrey Kell Road. Waverly is the home of Whole Foods, Ulta, Mainstream Boutique, Modern Salon & Spa, Scout & Molly’s and many more. There are so many places to choose from to eat like Carolina Ale House, Chipotle, Chick-fil-A, Foxcroft Wine Co, Ted’s Montana Grill, Starbucks, The Porter’s House, and Viva Chicken.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Golf Club at Ballantyne – There are several golf and country clubs in South Charlotte, but the Golf Club at Ballantyne is definitely a favorite, and it is close to Ardrey Crest. The par 71, 6,740-yard course is gorgeous and offers golfers plenty of scenic views. It is also open to the public year-round, and tee times can be scheduled up to 30 days in advance.
- Sports Connection – Sports Connection is just down the street from Ardrey Crest, and it is a favorite for family members of all ages. Enjoy laser tag, ropes courses, rock climbing, bowling, bumper cars, and more. There is also a café, camps, and leagues that are held throughout the year.
- Morrison Family YMCA – Just a few minutes from the Ardrey Crest Community is the Morrison Family YMCA, a great place with plenty of activities for the entire family. There is a pool and waterpark, indoor and outdoor tracks, plenty of exercise equipment and space, dozens of classes taught each week, dance and art studios, a wellness center, a preschool, children’s programs, teen and senior centers, picnic areas, and so much more.
- Regal Cinemas Stonecrest at Piper Glen 22 & IMAX – When you just need to see the latest movie out of Hollywood, you do not have to travel far. Stonecrest is home to a large movie theater with several screens, including IMAX. It also offers comfy stadium seating, concessions, and a game room.
- Lake Wylie – Ardrey Crest is just a quick drive from Lake Wylie, a 13,400-acre lake that sits along the North and South Carolina border. Known for its gorgeous scenery and over 325 miles of shoreline, it’s the perfect place to spend a weekend, whether camping or in a hotel. Because it is so close, Ardrey Crest residents can also drive out for the day to swim, boat, fish, and play.
Real Estate Information
The homes in Ardrey Crest are mostly Victorian and Charleston-style, a unique contrast to the traditional two-story brick homes that make up much of the Ballantyne area. Prices typically fall between the $370,000s – $490,000. The homes offer numerous perks and features, like rocking chair front porches, covered patios, balconies, attached garages, double master suites, and master suites on the main level. Homes are also Energy-Star qualified.
- Ardrey Crest
Homes for Sale in Ardrey Crest
Subdivision: Ardrey CrestView Details
Subdivision: Ardrey CrestView Details