Welcome to Ardrey Commons
Contact an Ardrey Commons Neighborhood Expert Today
An award-winning, low-maintenance neighborhood made up of charming, picturesque homes. Less than 5 minutes from schools, shops, restaurants, businesses, and entertainment. Welcome to Ardrey Commons.
At first glance, Ardrey Commons may look more like a movie set than a South Charlotte neighborhood. The streets are lined with Charleston and Victorian-style houses with rocking chair porches and beautifully-manicured lawns. But once you meet the friendly neighbors, visit the excellent schools, and take in all the shopping, dining, and attractions in the area, you will soon learn that this is indeed a real neighborhood and one of the best in the area.
The South Charlotte and Ballantyne areas are popular with residents who may work Uptown but want to get away from the city at the end of the day. However, there are numerous career and business opportunities close to home, as well. The schools in the area are top-rated and all just minutes from Ardrey Commons, and there are so many family-friendly activities within a 10-mile radius, making it popular for people with young children. Because the houses sit on low-maintenance lots and are just minutes away from the airport and several vacation destinations, it is also an excellent place to retire to. There is truly something for everyone in Ardrey Commons.
Ardrey Commons may be a young community, but Charlotte is one of the nation’s older places. Incorporated in 1768 and named for Queen Charlotte of England, European settlers chose the area because of the fertile Piedmont land, access to freshwater, and the trading paths carved out by Native Americans. For the first century, the city was largely agricultural with residents growing crops like cotton and tobacco. There was also a short-lived gold rush during the early 19th century.
After the Civil War, however, textile manufacturing and distribution became a way of life, thanks to the newly-built railroad and access to other cities. Charlotte was soon one of the top producers of textiles in the nation.
Today, the city has a reputation for being the second-largest banking and financial center in the nation. As early as the 1970s and 1980s, the industry started growing, as did the city’s population, turning it into the bustling and sought-after place that it is today.
- Population: 2005
- Students living in Ardrey Commons will attend Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools.
- Professionals living in Ardrey Commons are close enough to commute to all parts of Charlotte. The city’s top employers include Duke Energy, Lowe’s, Harris Teeter, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and Atrium Health.
- Ardrey Commons has earned several local and state awards throughout the years since it was built, including “Community of the Year” from the Charlotte Home Builders Association.
- Residents have access to a neighborhood pool and cabana, as well as yard maintenance and small parks and green spaces.
- Most of the time, the weather is exceptional, too. The average temperature in the area in January is 52 degrees, while it is 89 degrees in July. In other words – not too hot and not too cold.
Because of its location, Ardrey Commons residents will find no shortage of things to do. Shopping at places like Blakeney and Stonecrest is practically in your own backyard, and you can try a new restaurant every day of the week within 5 minutes of the neighborhood. The nearby Ballantyne area is also packed with things to do, from the golf club to even more retail and dining experiences. If you are willing to venture out a little further, you will find exciting attractions, whether you head west towards Carowinds and Lake Wylie or north to Uptown’s museums, nightlife, and professional sports.
- 131 Main – Practically within walking distance of Ardrey Commons is the delicious 131 Main restaurant at Blakeney. It is a cozy spot that serves upscale New American cuisine, as well as offering an extensive wine list.
- Cantina 1511 – Another great place for a night out on the town is Cantina 1511 at Stonecrest. This vibrant restaurant serves delicious Mexican cuisine, including Tex-Mex, classic dishes, and some updated versions of the classics. It also serves great margaritas and has a reputation for its delicious guacamole.
- Flying Biscuit Café– With locations in three states now, The Flying Biscuit Café is becoming a Southern staple. Famous for serving breakfast all day long, including its delicious “flying biscuits,” the restaurant also offers a selection of salads, sandwiches, and sides.
- Cast Iron Waffles – Cast Iron Waffles is a few minutes west of Ardrey Commons and probably one of the most unique restaurants in the area. Choose from a selection of award-winning Belgian Liege waffles on the menu and enjoy a cup of coffee, hot tea, or a smoothie along with them.
- Airports – Ardrey Commons is just 20 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport, making business and pleasure travel a breeze. The airport is an American Airlines hub and provides nonstop service to over 154 destinations.
- Public Transportation – While the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) buses do not run as far south as Ardrey Commons, residents can take advantage of the park and ride at Saint Matthews, which is just a few minutes north of the neighborhood. This is a great commuting option or those who work in and around Uptown.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Ardrey Common is just under 3 miles south of Interstate 485, which makes access to anywhere in Charlotte easier than ever. Major roads near the community include Ardrey Kell, Rea, and Marvin Roads.
- Blakeney– Ardrey Commons is just minutes away from the Blakeney shopping center. Home to dozens of stores and restaurants, it is one of the most popular destinations in the area. Target, Harris Teeter, Old Navy, Best Buy, PetSmart, Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, and J. Jill are just a few of the stores you will find here.
- Stonecrest at Piper Glen – Just a little further north is another great shopping spot, Stonecrest at Piper Glen. It is home to restaurants like Chick-fil-A, Chipotle, Smashburger, Flying Biscuit Café, and Basil Thai. Stores here include Target, GameStop, Harris Teeter, Michaels, Sally Beauty Supply, and ULTA.
- Waverly – The latest mixed-use development can be found by driving down Ardrey Kell Road. Waverly is the home of Whole Foods, Ulta, Mainstream Boutique, Modern Salon & Spa, Scout & Molly’s and many more. There are so many places to choose from to eat like Carolina Ale House, Chipotle, Chick-fil-A, Foxcroft Wine Co, Ted’s Montana Grill, Starbucks, The Porter’s House, and Viva Chicken.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Sports Connection – Ardrey Commons is just minutes from Sports Connection, a place where you can enjoy an entire day of family fun. Take part in games and activities like laser tag, bumper cars, bowling, the rock walk, ropes courses, Jump-N-Play, a flight simulator, an arcade, and so much more. There is also a café.
- Morrison Family YMCA – The Morrison Family YMCA is just up the street from Ardrey Commons, and it offers plenty of things to do for the entire family. There is a pool and water park, dance and art studios, senior and teen centers, a preschool, dozens of exercise classes offered each week, various exercise equipment and rooms, picnic areas, a wellness center, and so much more.
- Regal Cinemas Stonecrest at Piper Glen 22 & IMAX – When you are in the mood for a movie night, look no further than Regal Cinemas at Stonecrest. With multiple screens, including IMAX, you can catch the latest movies out of Hollywood anytime. The theater offers stadium seating, concessions, and an arcade.
- Golf Club at Ballantyne – Ardrey Common is right next to Charlotte’s famous Ballantyne community which means residents can take advantage of all it has to offer, including the Golf Club at Ballantyne, which is open to the public year-round. The par 71, 6,740-yard course is a local favorite.
- Lake Wylie – Residents of Ardrey Commons can be at the scenic Lake Wylie for a little rest and relaxation in less than an hour. Whether you spend a weekend or a day, the 13,400-acre lake with 325 miles of shoreline is an excellent place to swim, fish, go boating, camp, hike, have a picnic, and more.
Real Estate Information
The gorgeous Victorian and Charleston-style homes in Ardrey Commons fall within the $400,000 to $600,000 range. Each house sits on a low-maintenance lot, and sidewalks line the picturesque streets. Single-family homes typically fall within the 2,400 to 3,400 square foot range, and some townhomes are also available. Home features include master suites on the main floor, granite countertops, and gated patios.
- Ardrey Commons
Homes for Sale in Ardrey Commons
Subdivision: Ardrey CommonsView Details
Subdivision: Ardrey CommonsView Details