Welcome to Chatelaine
Contact a Chatelaine Neighborhood Expert Today
Turn off 12 Mile Creek Road just outside Weddington, pass through an elegant stone gated entrance, and you’ve arrived at Chatelaine, one of the Waxhaw area’s most luxurious subdivisions. Winding creekside trails, decorative ponds and waterfalls, manicured landscaping and spacious Old-World style homes—all of it evokes a degree of country serenity you wouldn’t expect to find this conveniently close to Charlotte’s urban sprawl. Add to that the low Union County tax rates and one of the state’s best school systems, and it’s little wonder that Chatelaine is one of the most coveted neighborhoods in the south Charlotte suburbs. Welcome to Chatelaine.
While Chatelaine itself is a newer planned subdivision, this is a land rich in history, with nearby Waxhaw settled as early as the mid-1700s by colonists seeking a better life. Farms sprang up on the fertile soil, and life remained quiet until the railroad came through Waxhaw in the late 1800s; soon after, the textile industry came to the fore, fed by the cotton harvested by nearby farms. These days, this area preserves its rural charm while remaining convenient to the shopping, dining and attractions of nearby Charlotte. And just as in the early days, Chatelaine preserves the finest of country living, once again a haven for those seeking a better life.
- Population: 11,295 (Waxhaw)
- Private gated community featuring community ponds, waterfalls, walking trails and green space
- Zoned within Union County School District
- Located 6 miles south of the Charlotte Loop (I-485), approximately 23 miles south of downtown Charlotte
The best part of country suburban living is the great outdoors, and Chatelaine makes the most of it with its serene walking trails and ponds. Numerous parks close by also enable you to commune with nature, and if you’re a golfer, you’ll have plenty to be happy about with several championship courses within a few miles of home. A few miles to the south lies historic downtown Waxhaw, a popular destination for antique shops and restaurants. A short drive in almost any direction brings you to shopping and dining, and I-485 gives you access to the many attractions of Charlotte itself.
- Sabor Latin Street Grill – Drive 2.5 miles east along Monroe-Weddington Road to nearby Wesley Chapel to find this popular establishment, featuring an array of fresh, authentic Latin fare.
- Rippington’s Restaurant – For a diverse menu of items at moderate prices, check out this popular local restaurant in historic downtown Waxhaw.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a major air facility located approximately 26 miles from Chatelaine via the I-485 Inner Loop.
- Major Roads and Interstates – The southeast sector of Interstate-485 (Governor James G. Martin Freeway) is accessible about 6 miles north of Chatelaine via Monroe-Weddington Road (Hwy 84) to Providence Road (Hwy 16).
- Local Shops –The nearest shopping destinations to Chatelaine can be found in Wesley Chapel and Weddington, a few miles in either direction along Monroe-Weddington Road, each offering a Harris Teeter food market and other stores.
- Promenade on Providence – Located just north of I-485 on Providence Road, this shopping destination features stores ranging from larger retailers (Home Depot, Staples) to specialty shops like Jos. A. Bank and Pier 1.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- The Stuffed Olive – This popular restaurant in Waxhaw offers more than just great Italian food during the week: on the weekends, it turns into a popular local nightspot featuring live music, dancing and karaoke.
- The Hunter Farm – Drive into nearby Weddington to reach this historic farm offering family fun year-round, including strawberry picking in the spring, pumpkins and hayrides in October, and Christmastime festivities.
- Providence Equestrian Center – For horse owners and enthusiasts, this quality facility is located just 3 miles east of Chatelaine, offering horseback riding, lessons, training camps, boarding services and more.
Real Estate Information
Chatalaine consists of newer luxury homes built in 2005 or later, built in Old European architectural styles, raging between 3500 and 9000 square feet, ranging in price between the high $600s to near $1.4 million.
Homes for Sale in Chatelaine
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2017 CarolinaMLS