Welcome to Blakeney Retreat
Contact a Blakeney Retreat Neighborhood Expert Today
A small, private enclave of seven homes with luxurious features like outdoor living spaces and large master suites. A community that feels private, thanks to the careful landscaping, but that is actually within walking distances of shops and restaurants and a quick drive from businesses, schools, and entertainment. Welcome to Blakeney Retreat.
Built in 2014, Blakeney Retreat is a fairly new community in the Charlotte area, but is already a popular place to live, thanks to its proximity to all things shopping, dining, and entertainment. Residents can walk to the Blakeney shopping center, which has become one of the top shopping destinations in the area. Excellent restaurants are all around. Blakeney Retreat residents also have easy access to everything the Ballantyne community has to offer, from its corporate park to its golf course and spa.
Blakeney Retreat is just around 3 miles south of Interstate 485 and approximately 15 miles south of Uptown. This means residents can work and play in the busiest parts of the city if they choose, but spend evenings and weekends in a slower-paced suburban atmosphere. It is truly a wonderful place to call home.
The area where Blakeney Retreat sits today was mostly farmland for many years. While the homes in the community only date back to 2014, the city of Charlotte’s history dates back to its incorporation in 1768. The area was chosen by European settlers because of its fertile soil and access to rivers and Native American trading paths.
In 1799, more immigrants moved to Charlotte upon the discovery of a 17-pound gold rock. This led to the nation’s first official gold rush, though it was short-lived. Those who didn’t head west seeking more treasures stuck around, farming the land and growing crops like cotton and tobacco.
After the Civil War, Charlotte became a railroad town, and the newly-built railroad lines led to greater access to other parts of the country. This access led to the Queen City becoming a prosperous town for textile manufacturing and distribution. By the 1970s and 1980s, the textile business died down, but banking and finance took its place. Today, Charlotte is the second-largest financial center in the country, home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, and one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
- Population: 800,000 (City of Charlotte)
- Students who live in Blakeney Retreat will attend top-rated Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools.
- Some of Charlotte’s top employers include Atrium Health, Duke Energy, Lowe’s, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Harris Teeter, American Airlines, and Novant Health. All are within commuting distance of the neighborhood.
- The weather at Blakeney Retreat is ideal for anyone searching for a place that is not too hot or not too cold. The average temperature in July is 89 degrees, while the average temperature in January is 58 degrees.
- Many famous people from history are from the Charlotte area. They include evangelist Billy Graham, Presidents James K. Polk and Andrew Jackson, and writer and reporter Charles Kuralt.
One of the main appeals of living in Blakeney Retreat is that the Blakeney shopping center is just a few steps away. Residents can shop and dine every day of the week if they choose, and they do not have to stroll too far from home. Head a little further out, and you will find even more restaurants, shopping areas, golf courses, and attractions. A beautiful lake and a popular amusement park are just a short drive away, as is Uptown Charlotte, where you will find everything from museums and a booming nightlife to professional sports venues and the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- Thai 1st Bistro – Enjoy a meal on the patio on a warm Carolina day or dine inside this festive Asian fusion restaurant, located in the Blakeney shopping center. Featured in Charlotte magazine, the restaurant offers sushi, soups, salads, classic and modern Thai dishes, curries, rice, noodles, and more.
- 131 Main – Another great place to grab a bite to eat in Blakeney is 131 Main. Ideal for a business lunch or romantic dinner, the restaurant serves delicious New American dishes like Cedar Plank Salmon, Barrel Cut Filet Mignon and Braised Lamb Shanks. It also features an extensive wine and cocktail menu.
- Burtons Grill & Bar – Located in Blakeney, Burtons is a great place to meet for lunch, dinner or after work at the bar. A seasonal patio is available for socializing with friends. They are a chef-driven restaurant known for their fresh ingredients and offer a gluten sensitive menu.
- Cast Iron Waffles – Blakeney Retreat residents are in for a tasty treat as they can enjoy Belgian Liege waffles any day of the week at the nearby Cast Iron Waffles. Choose from a variety of flavors or have plain waffles with award-winning coffee, tea, or another delicious beverage.
- OGGI Ristorante Italiano – Authentic Italian cuisine made from carefully crafted pasta and other fresh ingredients? Sounds delicious. OGGI Ristorante Italiano is just a couple of miles from Blakeney Retreat, and the food is to die for. Be sure to check out the extensive wine and cocktail list when you enjoy lunch or dinner in this intimate, sleek eatery.
- Airports – Charlotte Douglas International Airport is approximately 20 miles northwest of Blakeney Retreat. The 6th-busiest airport in the country, it offers nonstop service to 154 destinations. It is also a major American Airlines hub.
- Public Transportation – The Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) offers bus service into Uptown via various routes. While these routes do not run as far south as Blakeney Retreat, residents can drive to the park and ride at Saint Matthew Catholic Church and Promenade shopping center, which are just a few miles north of the community.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Blakeney Retreat sits about 3 miles south of Interstate 485, which forms a perimeter around much of the city of Charlotte. The community sits off Blakeney Heath Road. Other major roadways in the area are Rea and Ardrey Kell Roads.
- Blakeney – Blakeney Retreat residents can walk to the many shopping and dining opportunities at the nearby Blakeney shopping center. Restaurants include Starbucks, Zoe’s Kitchen, Chick-fil-A, Chili’s, 131 Main, Brixx Pizza, Coldstone Creamery, Five Guys, and McAlister’s Deli. Shops include Target, Best Buy, Loft, PetSmart, Harris Teeter, CVS, Victoria’s Secret, J. Jill, Justice, Bath & Body Works, Old Navy, Off Broadway Shoes, and Banana Republic.
- Stonecrest at Piper Glen – Just over 2 miles north of Blakeney Retreat is another great place to shop and dine, Stonecrest at Piper Glen. Stores include Chico’s, Target, Harris Teeter, Michaels, ULTA, Apricot Lane, and Sally Beauty Supply. Dining includes Pearlz Oyster Bar, Cantina 1511, Firebirds, Kabab-Je, Chick-fil-A, The Flying Biscuit Cafe, Starbucks and more. It also has a movie theater.
- SouthPark Mall – For upscale shopping unlike anything else in North Carolina, head about 10 miles north to SouthPark Mall. Stores here include Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Hermes, Burberry, Tiffany & Co., Apple, American Girl, Nordstrom, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, and Tory Burch.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Sports Connection – For a day of family fun, round up the kids (of all ages) and head to Sports Connection. It features bumper cars, laser tag, a rock wall, a ropes course, a flight simulator, bowling, arcade games, and so much more. It is a great place for birthday parties, and camps and clinics are available throughout the year. Some youth and adult sports leagues are also available here.
- Morrison Family YMCA – With a 67,000 square foot facility that sits on 90 acres, there is so much to do here for both kids and adults. It includes a pool and water park, indoor and outdoor tracks, a preschool, a teen center, a senior center, dance studios, an art studio, exercise rooms, dozens of classes, picnic areas, and so much more. Members can also take advantage of any YMCA in the Greater Charlotte area.
- Golf Club at Ballantyne – The Ballantyne area has a popular golf course that is open to the public year-round. Secure tee times up to 30 days in advance at this beautiful par 71, 6,740-yard course. It also features a pro shop, a driving range, a putting green, event lawns, and the Dana Rider Golf School.
- Regal Cinemas Stonecrest at Piper Glen 22 & IMAX – Enjoy 22 screens, plus an IMAX theater with stadium seating at this popular movie theater that is just over 2 miles north of Blakeney Retreat. It also features a café and game room.
- Lake Wylie – Approximately 20 miles from Blakeney Retreat is the beautiful 13,400-acre Lake Wylie. With over 325 miles of shoreline, it makes for a great weekend getaway that will not have you spending hours in the car. Camp, fish, swim, or go boating and be sure to take in all the lake’s beautiful scenery.
Real Estate Information
There are only 7 homes in Blakeney Retreat. Each one was built in 2014 and typically falls within the $600,000s to the mid $700,000s range. The homes sit on low-maintenance lots that average 1/3 of an acre. Enjoy features such as outdoor living rooms and large master suites on the main level. The carefully-landscaped area adds privacy to this quiet community.
- Blakeney Retreat
Homes for Sale in Blakeney Retreat
No Properties Found