Welcome to Beverly Woods
Contact a Beverly Woods Neighborhood Expert Today
Affordable quality homes; excellent schools; and tree-lined streets. You can walk to SouthPark Mall and Harris YMCA or hop in the car and be in either Uptown or at Lake Wylie in less than half an hour. Welcome to Beverly Woods.
Whether you have young children or you are a single professional looking to get away from the city but not too far, one stroll or drive through Beverly Woods and you will see why it is one of the South Charlotte’s favorite neighborhoods. The homes here maintain the quality craftsmanship often found in residences built during the mid-1900s, but many have been updated with modern conveniences. They sit on lush lots with big backyards, along pedestrian-friendly streets lined with mature trees and sidewalks.
The other draw to Beverly Woods is its proximity to, well, everything. You can be in Uptown for work or play in mere minutes or take a weekend getaway to go boating or swimming at Lake Wylie without spending hours in the car. If you prefer shopping or fine dining, Charlotte’s most upscale destination, SouthPark Mall, is within walking distance of much of the neighborhood.
European immigrants founded Charlotte in 1768 and named it for the Queen of Great Britain at the time, George III’s wife, Charlotte. Shortly after its incorporation, a young boy discovered a 17-pound rock in the area. As the story goes, his family used it as a doorstop until a jeweler saw it and told them that it was pure gold. That prompted the first official gold rush in American history. Unfortunately, the rush was short-lived and many people moved west to California to seek treasures there. In the meantime, Charlotte turned to farming and textiles and became a major railroad hub just after the Civil War.
Neighborhoods like Beverly Woods began popping up during the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s when Charlotte residents who worked Uptown began seeking homes in some of the city’s more rural areas. Today, the city is one of the fastest-growing in the United States, and it is the second-largest banking center in the country.
- Population: 6,300
- Students who live in Beverly Woods will attend Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
- Private schools in the area include Charlotte Country Day School, Charlotte Latin School, St. Matthew Catholic School, and United Faith Christian Academy.
- Many of Charlotte’s top employers are just a quick drive from Beverly Woods. They include Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, American Airlines, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Lowe’s, Walmart, and Carolinas HealthCare System.
- Speaking of the Carolinas HealthCare System, Carolinas Medical Center is just under 6 miles from Beverly Woods. It has over 874 beds and is one of the largest hospitals in North Carolina.
- The Charlotte area is home to many celebrities who were either born here or have moved here in recent years. Some of them include evangelist Billy Graham, actress Angie Harmon, basketball star Michael Jordan, and multiple NASCAR stars like Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Richard Petty.
Beverly Woods is known as a family-friendly neighborhood because of its proximity to local parks, major attractions like Carowinds, and recreational facilities like the Harris YMCA. But there is something here for mom and dad, too. The neighborhood is just south of the prestigious SouthPark Mall and the restaurants and retail outlets that surround it. It is also just a quick drive from Uptown, as well as the 13,400-acre Lake Wylie.
- Terrace Café – Terrace Café serves food all day long, but it is its infamous breakfast dishes that make it one of the best places to eat your morning meal in Charlotte. From Red Velvet Waffles to S’mores French Toast, you will not know what to try first. Located in SouthPark, the restaurant makes all of its dishes from scratch.
- Harper’s Restaurant – Located across from SouthPark Mall is Harper’s Restaurant, a classic, casual, family-friendly restaurant where you can enjoy everything from pit Carolina BBQ to pizza. Sit outdoors when the weather is nice, and enjoy a beer or bottle of wine from the extensive menu.
- Upstream – Charlotte may not be a coastal town, but Upstream’s fresh seafood dishes will make you feel like you are at the beach. Esquire magazine once named it one of the best new restaurants in the country, and it has since won other awards for both its food and its varied wine list.
- The Cowfish – Sushi and burgers do not usually go together, but the chefs at Cowfish make it work. The fusion restaurant has a fun, vibrant atmosphere and is as famous for its milkshakes and martinis as it is for its unusual concept.
- Boading – For classic Chinese dishes and casual, no-frills dining, Beverly Woods loves to visit Boading. Open since 1993, the restaurant is located in the Sharon Corners shopping center across from SouthPark Mall and serves a variety of seafood, beef, chicken, and pasta. Several vegetarian and healthy options are available.
- Airport – Whether you travel for work or pleasure, you will be delighted to know that Beverly Woods is approximately 11 miles from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. It serves over 159 nonstop destinations and is one of the largest airports in the United States.
- Public Transportation – The Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) provides bus and rail service via the LYNX Blue Line to the Beverly Woods area.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Beverly Woods is just minutes from the intersection of Interstates 77 and 485. Interstate 485 forms a loop around the city of Charlotte, while Interstate 77 runs through the city and ends in Cleveland Ohio and Columbia, South Carolina.
- SouthPark Mall – Beverly Woods sits just south of SouthPark Mall, one of the top shopping destinations in North Carolina. The upscale mall is home to stores like Crate & Barrel, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co., H&M, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Belk, Neiman Marcus, and Pottery Barn.
- Phillip’s Place – Just across from SouthPark Mall is a newer shopping and dining experience, Phillips Place. It is home to stores and restaurants like Brooks Brothers, The Palm, Coplon’s, P.F. Chang’s, Dean & Deluca, Restoration Hardware, Eileen Fisher, Luna, and Orvis.
- Carolina Pavilion Shopping Center – Beverly Woods is just a few minutes north of the Carolina Pavilion Shopping Center, a place where you can buy everything from food to clothing. Stores here include Nordstrom Rack, Target, Big Lots, hhgregg, PetSmart, Dollar Tree, Ross, Carter’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohl’s, Old Navy, and Babies ‘R Us.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Carowinds – North Carolina’s favorite amusement park is just about 9 miles from Beverly Woods. It offers fun for whole family with its thrill rides, water park, Planet Snoopy park, and more.
- Park Road Park – Just west of Beverly Woods is the 72-acre Park Road Park. The neighborhood park features 12 tennis courts, 8 basketball courts, 6 baseball/softball fields, a playground, a volleyball court, 4 picnic shelters, walking trails, and an 11-acre lake with a pier.
- Harris YMCA – The Harris YMCA is within walking distance of Beverly Woods, and it is a fun, exciting place for families with young children, especially during the summer. It has a pool and splash park, tennis courts, and much more. It also hosts camps and activities for kids.
- Blumenthal Performing Arts Center – Beverly Woods is not far from Uptown, which means access to Broadway shows, plays, concerts, and more at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center.
- Discovery Place – Another popular Uptown destination for Beverly Woods residents with kids is the Discovery Place museum. Learn about science, nature, and technology through interactive exhibits and an IMAX theater.
Real Estate Information
Beverly Woods is a classic example of the established mid-century neighborhoods that are so popular and prevalent in the SouthPark area. The neighborhood is made up of mostly ranch-style, split level, tri-level, and traditional two-story homes, that range from 1,500 to 3,000 square feet. Most of the homes here were built between 1950 and 1980 and boast original features like hardwood floors, crown molding, and oak cabinets, as well as updated features like stainless steel appliances. Prices fall within the $200,000 to $500,000 range. Most homes sit on lots that are just under half an acre on tree-lined streets.
Homes for Sale in Beverly Woods
Subdivision: Beverly Woods EastView Details
Subdivision: Beverly WoodsView Details
Subdivision: Beverly WoodsView Details