Welcome to Ballanmoor
Contact a Ballanmoor Neighborhood Expert Today
An intimate, newly-built community surrounded by top schools, popular shopping destinations, and multiple business opportunities. Close enough to Uptown for work but far enough away to live a quieter suburban lifestyle. Welcome to Ballanmoor.
The small Ballanmoor neighborhood sits at the intersection of Ardrey Kell and Community House Roads and just across from Ardrey Kell High School. The popular Blakeney shopping center is just a few minutes in one direction, while Ballantyne’s sought-after corporate park, shopping, and entertainment destinations are just a few minutes in the other. Interstate 485 is just 3 miles to the north and the beautiful Lake Wylie is about 20 miles west. In other words, Ballanmoor has quick access to many of Charlotte’s greatest assets.
But that is not the only reason to fall in love with the neighborhood. The community is made up of traditional two-story homes that offer spacious floorplans, lush lawns, and plenty of upgrades. Sidewalks line the quiet streets and lead right to the community pool, which is the perfect spot to spend a warm summer afternoon.
Before the homes in Ballanmoor were built in the early to mid-2010s, the spot had been farmland for many years. As a matter of fact, when the Charlotte was incorporated in 1768, it was a largely agricultural community. By 1799, the discovery of a 17-pound gold rock by a young boy led to the nation’s first official gold rush. However, it did not last long, and gold-seekers headed west, leaving those who stayed in Charlotte to continue farming crops like tobacco and cotton.
After the Civil War, railroads roared through the city, and the climate shifted from farming to business…the textile business that is. Charlotte became one of the biggest producers of textiles in the country. The city continued to grow over the next century, but it wasn’t until the 1970s and the 1980s that it hit its biggest growth spurt yet. That is when the banking and finance industries came to town, turning Charlotte into the second-largest finance hub in the country behind New York City.
- Population: 140
- Students in Ballanmoor will attend Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools, including the highly-ranked Ardrey Kell High School.
- Ballanmoor residents are in close enough proximity to commute to the offices of some of Charlotte’s top employers. They include Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Carolinas Healthcare System, Harris Teeter, and America Airlines.
- Charlotte is often considered as having the most educated workforce in the United States.
- Ballanmoor is just three miles from the North and South Carolina Border.
- The weather in the Ballanmoor area is ideal for anyone who does not like extremes. The average temperature in July is 78.5 degrees, while the average temperature in January is 40.1 degrees.
When it comes to shopping, dining, and entertainment, Ballanmoor has it all right in its own backyard. With the outdoor mall Blakeney almost within walking distance, residents can shop for everything from groceries to jewelry and enjoy everything from fast food to fine dining any day of the week. Several other shopping centers and restaurants are scattered within a 2 to 3 mile radius, as is the Golf Club at Ballantyne. If you are willing to go a little further, you will find even more exciting destinations in the Charlotte area, such as the Carowinds amusement park, Lake Wylie, and the upscale SouthPark Mall. Want to catch a concert, a professional sporting event, or a museum exhibit? Uptown is just 15 miles north of the community.
- Cast Iron Waffles – For a unique dining experience, head to Cast Iron Waffles, located just a few minutes west of Ballanmoor. The restaurant has received raves reviews from numerous local, state, and national media outlets for its coffee and Belgian Liege waffles. Gluten free options are available, as well.
- Buffalo Wings & Rings – Another restaurant just west of Ballanmoor is the popular sports bar Buffalo wings & rings. It serves up comfort foods, as the name suggests, like wings, onion rings, and burgers. It also has a great kids’ menu. Come for the food and drinks, and stay for the big game, match, or race on the big screen TVs over the bar.
- 18 Asian & Sushi Bar – Located at Blakeney, 18 Asian & Sushi Bar is a fun place to enjoy Japanese food in a sleek, modern restaurant. Enjoy a vast selection of sushi rolls, rice bowls, and Asian tapas, as well as a unique bar that glows in a calming, peaceful manner.
- Thai 1st Bistro – Enjoy a delicious Asian fusion meal at Thai 1st Bistro at Blakeney. Whether you choose to dine inside the festive café or out on the patio where you can watch the world go by, you will soon understand why Charlotte Magazine considers it one of the best Thai restaurants in the city.
- 131 Main – 131 Main is the place where casual meets upscale dining. Enjoy New American dishes with an extensive list of wines and cocktails. It is the perfect place for both a date night and a business lunch.
- Airports – Ballanmoor is just 20 miles away from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. The American Airlines hub and 6th-busiest airport in the nation provides nonstop service to over 154 destinations and handles around 675 departures each day.
- Public Transportation – Residents of Ballanmoor can take Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) bus routes into Uptown via the Saint Matthews Catholic Church and Promenade Shopping Center Park and Rides. Each one is located just a few miles north of the community.
- Major Roads and Interstates – Ballanmoor is approximately 3 miles south of Interstate 485, which forms a perimeter around Charlotte and allows drivers to be practically anywhere in the city quickly. The neighborhood sits at the intersection of Ardrey Kell and Community House Roads and is also in close proximity of Rea Road and Route 521 (Johnston Road).
- Blakeney – Ballanmoor is practically within walking distance of Blakeney, a beautiful outdoor shopping mall that has become one of the top retail destinations for the area. It is home to stores like Best Buy, PetSmart, Target, Harris Teeter, Old Navy, Victoria’s Secret, J. Jill, Bath & Body Works, Pandora Jewelry, CVS, and Banana Republic.
- Stonecrest at Piper Glen – Head a few minutes north of the community, and you will find the popular shopping, dining, and entertainment destination: Stonecrest at Piper Glen. The shopping center has a large theater and is home restaurants and stores like Chick-fil-A, Boneheads, Flying Biscuit Café, Chico’s, fab’rik, Target, Harris Teeter, GameStop, Mattress Firm, GNC, Michaels, and ULTA.
- SouthPark Mall – For shopping at Charlotte’s most upscale malls that attracts visitors from all over the Southeast, head about 10 miles north of Ballanmoor to SouthPark. Stores at the mall include Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Pottery Barn, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Macy’s, Crate & Barrel, Apple, American, Girl, Kate Spade, The North Face, Tiffany & Co, Hermes, and Armani.
Entertainment, Nightlife & Things To Do
- Sports Connection – Looking for fun for the whole family that is less than 5 minutes from Ballanmoor? Look no further than Sports Connection. Open since 1995, the facility offers laser tag, bumper cars, jump-n-play, bowling, arcade games, ropes courses, a rock wall, a flight simulator and more. Summer and holiday camps are available for kids, as are some youth and adult sports.
- Morrison Family YMCA – Another fun place that is just minutes away from the community is the Morrison Family YMCA. The 67,000-square foot facility sits on over 90 acres and offers so much to do for local residents of all ages. This includes a pool and water park, weekly exercise classes, dance studios, an art studio, a wellness center, a teen center, a preschool, picnic areas, indoor and outdoor tracks, workout rooms, a cycling room, cardio and strength training equipment, and much more.
- Golf Club at Ballantyne – One perk of living in the Ballantyne area is access to the Golf Club at Ballantyne. The gorgeous par 71, 6,740-yard course is open to the public and reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance. A golf pro shop, driving range, putting green, and event lawns are also available.
- Regal Cinemas Stonecrest at Piper Glen 22 & IMAX – With 22 screens with stadium seating and an IMAX screen, Regal Cinemas Stonecrest at Piper Glen is the place to see the latest Hollywood blockbusters. Just a quick drive from Ballanmoor, the theater also features an arcade and café.
- Lake Wylie – Imagine spending a day or a weekend fishing, swimming, boating, and camping anytime you wish at a beautiful 13,400-acre lake with 325 miles of shoreline. Ballanmoor residents are just 20 miles from away doing that and more at the lovely Lake Wylie along the North and South Carolina border.
Real Estate Information
One of Charlotte’s newer neighborhoods, most of the homes in Ballanmoor were built over the last few years and includes some new construction that has never been occupied. You will find a variety of traditional two-story brick and stone homes with features like hardwood floors, luxury lighting fixtures, and granite countertops. The spacious homes range from about 3,000 to 4,500 square feet and prices start in the mid-$300,000s and range all the way up to the mid $600,000s.
Homes for Sale in Ballanmoor
Subdivision: BallanmoorView Details
Subdivision: BallanmoorView Details
The data relating to real estate on this website derive in part from the CarolinaMLS Internet Data Exchange program. Brokers make an effort to deliver accurate information, but buyers should independently verify any information on which they will rely in a transaction. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither this website nor any listing broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints, and they shall be held totally harmless from any damages arising from reliance upon this data. This data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties they may be interested in purchasing. © 2019 CarolinaMLS