- North Carolina native Vicky Mitchener is the high-energy driving force behind the Dickens Mitchener team of real estate professionals.
- After graduating from Wake Forest University with a degree in political science, Mitchener began an award-winning career as an executive with Xerox.
- After five fulfilling years of travel, promotions and intense corporate sales, this executive-turned-sales rep was ready for yet another career change and challenge.
- In 1988, Mitchener became a licensed REALTOR® and eagerly entered the competitive Charlotte real estate market where she quickly established herself as one of the city’s top agents.
- Mitchener was not entirely satisfied with the inside operations of the local real estate industry. It was apparent to her that technology and marketing was exactly what the real estate industry was lacking.
- Her vision was to create a forward-thinking, innovative, and strategic real estate firm based on the latest technologies and shared information. The goal was to simplify the entire process of real estate for both the agents and more importantly for the clients.
- She brings more than 30 years of experience to the table and impressive sales of more than $20 million per year.
- One of seven children, she grew up in the small town of Morganton, N.C.
- She and her husband Bill live in Charlotte’s Eastover neighborhood and are the proud parents of three daughters.
- Entrepreneur of the Year by the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce in 1997
- Women in Business Award from the Charlotte Business Journal in 1998
- Two-time recipient of the Fast 50 Business Journal Award
- She is a member of Christ Episcopal Church
- Enthusiastic community volunteer, a former pilot, and an avid snow skier
- CEO Global
- Former Mint Museum Board of Trustees
- Former Charlotte Country Day School Board of Trustees
- Wake Forest University Advisory Board
Milestones & Memberships
- Canopy Multiple Listing Services
- Canopy REALTOR® Association
- National Association of REALTORS®
- North Carolina Association of REALTORS®
- GRI Certification
- Founder of the Homeowners Impact Fund
- Z Smith Reynolds Library Member
- Former Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Board Member