- Grew up in Charlotte and graduated from Charlotte Latin School
- She graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- A licensed broker since 2000, she began her real estate career in Charlotte in 2003.
- She spent three years in advertising and marketing in Atlanta & Raleigh, before returning to her hometown to pursue a career in residential real estate.
- Highsmith joined Dickens Mitchener in 2014, following 11 years at Marilyn Hartley Realty.
- She and her family reside in Myers Park. Mom to Lila (middle school,) Virginia (lower school,) and Thomas (preschool)
- She grew up watching her father, a commercial real estate developer, develop shopping centers, neighborhoods, custom homes, etc. Her aunt and cousin are also top agents in their markets in SC.
- She is active in her three children’s schools- Charlotte Latin and Myers Park Presbyterian.
- Past Co-Chair Pat’s Place Barbecue & Bluejeans (2011, 2013)
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church member
- Charlotte Latin Alumni Governing Board member (2010-2013)
- Charlotte Magazine Annual Five Star Real Estate Agent Award winner
- Duke Mansion Preservation Society member
- Has lived in Eastover, Cotswold, and Myers Park.
- Missy has a passion for helping people transition to Charlotte.
- Been known to go over the top to help clients - making beds, taking sellers dogs for showings, painting walls, polishing copper countertops.
- Homeowners Impact Fund Patron 2020-2021
Milestones & Memberships
- Canopy Multiple Listing Services
- Canopy REALTOR® Association
- National Association of REALTORS®
- North Carolina Association of REALTORS®
- Dickens Mitchener Top Producer (2014-2019)
- 2014, 2015 Ambassador's Circle
- 2016, 2017 Executive's Circle
- 2018 President's Circle
- 2019 Chairman's Circle