- Native North Carolinian raised in Asheville.
- Graduate of North Carolina State University.
- Prior to entering the real estate industry, Joan spent ten years in Los Angeles, CA working in technical sales & electronics as a top producer.
- Became a licensed REALTOR® in 2005 and immediately positioned herself as one of Charlotte’s most accomplished brokers.
- Housing Opportunity Foundation Chair in 2011 and 2012.
- Canopy Regional REALTORS® Committee Chair of the Year in 2012 and 2019.
- REALTORS® Care Day Chair 2015
- Creator & Chair for Strides for Shelter 5K - Racing to Cure Homelessness, 2015-Present
- Proud resident of Providence Country Club home since 2005.
- Joan is married to her college sweetheart, with whom she shares a daughter and twin sons.
- North Carolina Association of REALTORS® 2006 Rising Star of the Year
- Charlotte Real Producers cover feature in February 2018 for sales production & exceptional community involvement.
- Avid marathon runner, completing 2-3 each year since 2000 and in 2019 completed Disney’s Dopey Challenge, running more than 48 miles in 4 days.
- Volunteers at & supports her favorite local organizations: Canopy Housing Foundation, YMCA Community Outreach (2008-present), The Relatives, Urban Ministries, and A Child’s Place
- Canopy Housing Foundation Association Board Member
- Golfs regularly with a close group of girlfriends in their Sunday Funday ladies club at Providence Country Club.
- Member of the Daughters of The American Revolution
- NC State Cheerleader Alumni
- Enjoys traveling the world with her family
Milestones & Memberships
- Canopy Multiple Listing Services
- Canopy REALTOR® Association
- National Association of REALTORS®
- North Carolina Association of REALTORS®
- South Carolina Association of REALTORS®
- Dickens Mitchener Top Producing Agent for 2019
- Charlotte Regional REALTORS® 2005 Rookie of the Year
- Dickens Mitchener 2005 Rookie of the Year
- Dickens Mitchener Top Producer 2006-2019
- Dickens Mitchener 2019 Spirit Award Winner
- Dickens Mitchener Most Units Sold 2018 & 2019