Joan Goode is proud to be a native of North Carolina and loves getting to introduce newcomers to the state and Queen City she loves to call home. She grew up in Asheville, N.C., graduated from North Carolina State University and has lived in Charlotte for nearly 20 years. As a proud member of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Goode has a rich knowledge of the south which has helped her bring years of successful selling & buying expertise to her clients.
Prior to entering the real estate industry, Goode spent ten years in Los Angeles, CA working in technical sales and traveling all over the country. It was here that she mastered the art of negotiation and also learned the importance of forming solid, professional relationships based on mutual understanding and trust. In 1996, Goode moved back to her home state with her husband and the two settled in Charlotte where they started a family. After years at home with her three children, Goode decided to take on a new challenge and career adventure, real estate. She became a licensed Realtor® in 2005 and immediately positioned herself as one of Charlotte’s most accomplished agents. In just her first year in the industry, she was honored as a top producer and received the Dickens Mitchener Rookie of the Year Award, the Charlotte Regional Realtors Rookie of the Year Award and the North Carolina Association of Realtors Rising Star Award.
Her drive for results and passion for exceeding her goals are central to her proven track record in sales. Goode’s objective is to transform the often overwhelming home buying or selling experience into a rewarding life event that brings satisfaction and positive results. “I want to provide a fun and enjoyable buying and selling experience through hard work, trust, communication and integrity. Achieving that goal has created many lifelong friends and clients for which I am grateful,” says Goode.
Goode is thrilled to act as an ambassador for the Queen City and takes pride in helping her clients find the perfect neighborhood and house to call home. “I love the size of Charlotte! It is a welcoming city, with charming southern roots and big city amenities,” says Goode. She has a deep understanding of Charlotte’s real estate market as well as the city’s surrounding neighborhoods including Providence Country Club, Piper Glen Country Club, Ballantyne Country Club, Longview, Foxcroft, Myers Park and Eastover.
Goode is married to her college sweetheart and has a daughter and twin boys. When she isn’t selling real estate, Goode loves to run, go on hikes and travel with her beautiful family. She is the creator and co-chair for the annual Strides for Shelter 5k, which is a cause near and dear to her heart that she has been devoted to since 2015.
- Licensed Realtor®/Broker in North Carolina & South Carolina
- Dickens Mitchener 2005 Rookie of the Year
- Dickens Mitchener 2006 – 2017 Top Producer
- Charlotte Regional Realtors® 2005 Rookie of the year
- North Carolina Association of Realtors® 2006 Rising Star of the Year
- Five Star Real Estate Agent Award recipient 2006-2017
- Charlotte Real Producers Cover Feature February 2018
- Making a Difference Article feature article in the Top Producers Feature 2018
- Charlotte Regional Realtors®
- North Carolina Association of Realtors®
- Carolina Multiple Listing Services
- Creator and Chair for Strides for Shelter 5K 2015 – Present
- Housing Opportunity Foundation – Chair 2011 and 2012
- Charlotte Regional Realtors Committee Chair of the Year -2012
- Freedom School volunteer 2010 – present
- YMCA Community Outreach 2008 – present
- Realtor Care Day -Chair 2014-2015
- The Sandbox volunteer
- Member of Christ Lutheran Church