- Jay is originally from Southern CA. His father spent 25 years active duty in the Airforce in which the family lived all over the US & the world.
- Married 8 years & has a son.
- “IT Geek” has been his unofficial title for 20+ years, the last 10 of which he's spent as an IT Consultant. His military upbringing & consulting career has played a role in how to effectively connect, communicate, & establish relationships with people from all different walks of life.
- He volunteers with several non-profit organizations in Charlotte to serve the underprivileged within the inner-city communities.
- Jay's experiences in the inner-city opened his eyes to the enormous affordable housing issue in Charlotte. This led him to leave his career in IT Consulting to focus on real estate & find a way to address the housing affordability issues in Charlotte – 1 family at a time.
- Passion to Give Back - He founded Seek First Kingdom, Inc. which buys, renovates, & leases single-family homes at fixed-rates to low-income earners in the Charlotte Metro area. Contact him to learn how using him as a broker in 2021 can help provide a home for a family in need.
- Attended 3 high schools, ran cross country and track at each, & enrolled at Western Carolina University on a collegiate sports scholarship. Graduated from WCU with a BSBA in Computer Information Systems.
- Moved to Charlotte, NC in 2004 & has enjoyed his “adopted home” ever since.
- Collected over 55 of the Starbucks “You Are Here” Collection cups for each place he has traveled – including Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Tokyo, & England.
- He & his wife have traveled together to most major cities in the US, London, France, Italy, & Greece. Their favorites are the wine Country in Northern CA & Santorini, Greece.
- Learned to drive a manual stick-shift car while on vacation in Zakynthos, Greece. He enjoyed it so much that after returning to the states, he purchased a manual drive and now owns a Carolina Panthers blue Jeep Wrangler.
Milestones & Memberships
- Seek First Kingdom, Inc. – Founder
- Seeing And Believing – Board Director
- Volunteer at One7 Ministries, The Dream Center Charlotte, Beds 4 Kids, & West Blvd Ministry
- Canopy Multiple Listing Services
- Canopy REALTOR® Association
- National Association of REALTORS®
- North Carolina Association of REALTORS®
- South Carolina Association of REALTORS®