As a native Charlottean and daughter of a real estate developer, Ashley McMillan grew up immersed in the ever-changing real estate market. “Real estate is in my bones and my heart” explains McMillan, who has emerged from a long family tradition of real estate: from her great grandfather, J.A. Jones (built the first skyscraper in Charlotte), grandfather, Charles Lane (sold land in Union County); father, Russ Jones, (developer residential properties); mother, Leila Jones, (residential real estate), and brother, Derick Jones, (GC with Addison Building Group).
McMillan graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill with BA in Journalism/Advertising. Prior to entering the real estate industry, she spent many years working in advertising, graphic design and sales. She also spent 14 years working as a portrait artist. “My marketing background and artistic eye are strengths in a competitive real estate market –whether it’s advertising a property through social media avenues, using more traditional methods, or creatively searching for the perfect home for my client!” Having grown up in Charlotte,
McMillan has lived in many of the city’s most desirable areas, including Cotswold, the Rea/Carmel Road area, Park Road, SouthPark and Myers Park. She currently lives in the Cotswold area with her husband and three children, (two boys at their alma mater, UNC, and a daughter in high school).
- Licensed Realtor®/Broker in North Carolina
- Dickens Mitchener 2015 Rookie of the Year
- Dickens Mitchener top producer in 2016, 2017, 2018
- Charlotte Regional Realtor® Association (CRRA)
- Charlotte Multiple Listing Service (CMLS)
- National Association of Realtors® (NAR)
- Urban Ministry Center
- First Presbyterian Church, College of Deacons, Middle School Advisory Committee
- Alexander Middle School, public relations representative
- Cotswold Elementary School, 5th Grade committee