Here at Dickens Mitchener we can think of a million reasons why we love Charlotte and we’re giving you eight reasons why you’ll want to settle down in the Queen City in 2016.
- U.S. National Whitewater Center– This is the outdoor lovers paradise! Enjoy a variety of different activities including whitewater rafting, kayaking, zip-lining, stand up paddle boarding, mountain biking, and more!
- Carolina Panthers- The Bank of America Stadium in Uptown Charlotte is home to The Carolina Panthers NFL team. A Sunday during football season in Charlotte only means one thing- tons of fans coming together to tailgate and cheer on the Panthers to a victory.
- Blumenthal Performing Arts Center- Located on North Tryon Street in Uptown Charlotte, this is your go-to place for all kinds of performances including comedy, dance, Broadway musicals, and more. Click here to see the upcoming events and performances in 2016!
- One of our most favorite reasons to move to Charlotte is the variety of wonderful neighborhoods. Each area of Charlotte has its own unique style and there’s something to love about every single one! Whether you like golf in Ballantyne, shopping in South Park, the art and culture in NoDa, the tree lined streets of Myers Park and Eastover, or the nightlife in Uptown you are sure to find somewhere you love in Charlotte!
- Food, food, food! Charlotte has so many delicious dining options from local bakeries and delis, fine dining, breweries, food trucks, and more–Charlotte will satisfy any and all of your food and beverage cravings! Visit Charlotte’s Got A Lot to navigate through the varying cuisine the city has to offer.
- The beautiful outdoors- If you love to get outside and be active, Little Sugar Creek Greenway is something to to check out. The trail stretches nearly 4 miles starting near Park Road Shopping Center and ending at 7th Avenue. Along the trail you will see Freedom Park, ball fields, the Charlotte Nature Museum, and you can stop along the way and enjoy the shopping and dining at the Metropolitan area. Don’t want to walk? Rent a Charlotte citi bike!
- Family fun- Charlotte has so many different activities for families to have a great time and make wonderful memories. Take your kids for a fun learning experience at Discovery Place Museum, in the winter your family can ice skate at Nascar Hall of Fame’s Holiday on Ice, during the warmer months head out to Carowinds or the Whitewater Center for some outdoor fun.
- Time Warner Cable Arena is home to The Charlotte Hornets NBA team. Grab your family or friends and head out to watch the Hornets play in 2016! Time Warner Cable Arena also hosts a variety of different artists, comedians, and other performers. Rihanna, The Ringling Brothers, Mumford & Sons, and more are set to perform here in Charlotte in 2016. For more events happening at Time Warner Cable Arena in the new year, click here.
Thinking of moving to Charlotte? Contact one of our agents to find your dream home here in Charlotte in 2016!